Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Poker Tour Super Satellite Tournament Details

Options
  • 21-03-2005 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone, below is a comprehensive list of information regarding the Irish Poker Tour super satellites. If anyone has any additional questions let me know.

1. Who is running the event (organisation, society etc.)
    Pokerevents. The official Irish Poker Tour.
    2. The purpose of the event (charity, commercial etc.)
    Purpose of all pokerevents tournaments is to raise the profile of tournament poker and give local players the opportunity to compete at biggest tournaments worldwide.
    3. Date and Location of event
    Galway 4/5 March. Cork 15/16 April. Dublin 27/28 May. Irish Poker Tour Final June 10th/11th.
    4. Registration and Start time of event.
    All super-satellites are played over a friday/saturday with registration open between 5 and 6.30 on the friday. Draw for seats at 6.45.
    5. Any prerequisites (member of club, society etc)
    All players need to be a member of Irish poker events. You can register online(free) or on the night. You need to be over 18, have valid i.d and sign a statement to abide by all pokerevents rules. Full list of all rules online and also hard copies given out on the night.
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (in advance, at the door etc.)
    Five is the maximum you can purchase.
    7. Type of Tournament (Hold'em/Omaha etc Freezeout/Rebuy etc.) All super-satellites and grand final are NLholdem freezeouts.
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc.
    Super-satellites are 250plus25 registration fee. Final is for qualifiers only.
    9. Cost of registration
    25 euro
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund
    All of the buy-in goes to the prizepool. Registration fee goes to the promoters to produce the event.
    11. Any guarenteed prize pool.
    Super-satellites have an estimated prizepool of 45k. Final has a guaranteed prizepool of 100k plus a ticket to v.c cup in august(value 5k sterling). This is a 16 player only event.
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels.
    13. Starting Chips
    8000 chips (for super satellites)
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts.
    None for super satellites.
    15. Blind levels
    Each level is 40mins.
    16. Blind timeframes
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash (free entry to other tournie, merchandise etc)
    Top 18 places get paid. With top 3 players receiving tickets to final(ticket valued at 6250euro)
    18. Are there going to be dealers - and their level of skill
    Fully trained croupier at every table with 2 running croupiers.
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules
    Full list of rules available in advance online and hardcopy on the night.
    20. Is there a tournament director
    Tournament director,assistant director, and tournament manager.
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say.
    In all cases tournament director decision is final all players must sign agreement in advance of registration.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

The purpose of the event (charity, commercial etc.)
    Purpose of all pokerevents tournaments is to raise the profile of tournament poker and give local players the opportunity to compete at biggest tournaments worldwide.

this is just getting silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

It's not silly. He is an altruistic poker promoter... bringing poker to the masses, kicking ass and taking names.
    lone_ranger_art.jpg
    Who was that masked man?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

You can register online(free)

Where?

I can't go cos I'm going drinking that night :( I swear I have a drink problem. It's not that I drink much, or often - it's just every time there's an event on it's the same old story :

"Wanna go to this super-duper once in a life time event, Blitz?"
    "I can't. I promised someGuy I'd meet him in somePub for someThing."

Advertisement