Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the best 2.1 speakers for pc??

Options
  • 21-03-2005 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

Looking for a decent 2.1 system for music for the pc?? Would would people recomment for about 100euros or less. A mate of mine is looking for them, wants good quality, what set are really good quality???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

JBL - €85
    Creative €99

Both of these are really really good, Id go for the creative for better build quality and nicer looks

For looks these soundsticks are great but ive never heard the sound from them.

sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I got recommended the Logitech X-230s here on boards and they're excellent.

They're in Argos for €60 and well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I have the JBL's, they sre the shizzle

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Lump wrote:
    I have the JBL's, they sre the shizzle

John

I never thought I would ever do this but: Me too!

Only drawback is they don't have a remote control, but thats easily fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

the soundsticks like the biz :D . My mate is basically looking for ones with really good music quality from them , i noticed all the 2.1s seem to be 44hz , is there any speakers u can get that can do 48hz???

• Advertisement

Well it's 44.1Khz.... and speakers have no effect on the sample rate of the sound. That is done when the sound is comverted from Analogue to digital. The basic rule is that 2.2 times the maximum frequency should be sampled. As a result of human hearing being 20Khz... they use 44.1Khz. As speakers, and ears, are analogue there is no speakers that sample at 44.1..... so yes, speakers will do 48Khz.

There is a reason 48Khz is used and it's to do with digital interferance, but I'm not going into that.

Of course speakers will have a dynamic range.... this will be better the closer it is to 20Khz.... if it's above that, it's not going to really make a difference since no one can hear above that frequency, unless you have dog ears.

John

Thenks for that info lump, very interesting, didnt know that

Since some sad fúck sent me a private message, I'd like to correct an oversight. Where you see Dynamic Range, replace it with frequency Response. Also.... I miss-capitalised KHZ - It should apparenly be kHz.... I'm very sorry to all offended.

John

i think we all got the sense of what you were saaying wether it wasnt spelt rigfht or whatever :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Best stereo speakers for the PC have to be these...

http://www.digit-life.com/articles/siroccopro/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I got he Logitech z2200's the other day and they are pretty special. Got them for 100 euro too which is a great price..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=305677&cks=PRL

These r meant to be class, gonna get me a pair soon...

Personally I find all these sets with massive bass woofers and tiny tweeters to have a complete lack of a decent mid range. The woofers usually end up on the floor and the bass really travels through anything except a concrete floor. Which annoys everyone else.

A decent 2.1 setup souldn't sound like 3 speakers, Bose are very good at this... I've heard a few of they're systems n u'd swear every frequency was coming from the sat spkrs... U get what u payfor. I paid €10 for my tevion spkrs n they're cack but they'll do for now.

unklerosco wrote:
    A decent 2.1 setup souldn't sound like 3 speakers, Bose are very good at this... I've heard a few of they're systems n u'd swear every frequency was coming from the sat spkrs... U get what u payfor. I paid €10 for my tevion spkrs n they're cack but they'll do for now.

A few Home Entertainment installers have told me they are stupidly over priced for what you get..

Also, the Z2300 are better, although more expensive, that the Z3's..

Personally I find all these sets with massive bass woofers and tiny tweeters to have a complete lack of a decent mid range. The woofers usually end up on the floor and the bass really travels through anything except a concrete floor. Which annoys everyone else.

I do agree. i usually have my woofer turned down REALLY low.

So what pric ewould you be expecting to pay for a decent 2.1 system?? 100 euro + for a decent 1??

Its a shame there's so few stereo spkrs around these days, everything is 2.1... The other option is to buy an amp n sperates speakers, will cost a bit more but u'd get a much better sound. Its what i'd do but i dont have the space.

You really need shield speakers if they are going to be anywhere near computers. Those VideoLogic Sirocco are basically shielded hifi speakers. Don't know if they are made anymore. But there were expensive a few years back.

unklerosco wrote:

Didn't realise OcUK did these. Look very tasty.

• Advertisement

yep they look the buisness, thats more what im talking about. no real need for a woofer for that type of setup

Just picked me up a set of the Logitech Z3's... In pc world of all places, works out cheaper than komplett..Great speakers, the sound is class for the money. U'd swear there was no sub. The look fantastic too

how much they set u back??

€89... €80 in komplett but by the time u add shipping n wait for delivery.... Only prob now is the output jack on my mobo is botched so im only getting sound from one speaker. Need me a sound card

unklerosco wrote:
    Just picked me up a set of the Logitech Z3's... In pc world of all places, works out cheaper than komplett..Great speakers, the sound is class for the money. U'd swear there was no sub. The look fantastic too

Man the Z2200's are only 10 euro dearer and reviews are saying they are a world ahead.. THX too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Do you think the ones on sale in Lidl this week will be any good?

See here: http://www.lidl.ie/ie/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20050331.p.Speaker

I know they won't be as good as some of the more expensive ones but only really want them for the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I'd avoid electrical stuff like that from lidl. It'll turn to crap in a few months. You be amazed at how much gets returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

amaze me-
    how much gets returned?

ive bought tones of lild stuff and had no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I used to run the night packs, and i'd often get the job of packing it all up to return to HO. You know those big boxes you see some guy jugging around, putting card board into? About 3 or 4 at least every so often. Granted some of it is good value, i have some myself, but there things i'd be weary off.

• Advertisement

same here, never had probs with any of their gear... Sure 90% of it comes with a 3 year warranty..

Advertisement