Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC1 - Zane Lowe

Options
  • 21-03-2005 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

I'm sick of irish radio, lately i've found myself listening to the Zane Lowe show on BBC 1 & Trevor Nelson's 'Soul Nation'.
    They play lots of excellent music with some good interviews & best of all....NO ADDS!!
    The only thing is i can only listen to it on my laptop.
    Does anyone know how to tune/what reception it's on for my car?

Anyone else listen to these shows?
    Any other good shows out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

i get BBC Radio1 on 98.2FM in the car but mostly on the north side heading to Ashbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

cheers, am in Maynooth so might be able to pick it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i listen to Zane Lowe regularly through satellite. a massive change to whats available over here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Zane Lowe 'Man!' is the Man isn't he. I haven't heard his show much on Radio1 thanks to crappy signals. The only way I can really listen to his show is on the Digital TV.

Why do so many people hate Zane? Ok obviously since I named my user name after him shows that I am a fan of his but an awful amount of people overlook the fact that he plays great music and he so f**king loads about the scene. People only can't stand him because he says 'Man!' too often and acts overly cool but seriuosly IMO he is one of the best music journos out there and I think Gonzo is a great show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 indykid

I'm getting a bit sick of the bloody irish radio scene myself, it's all a bit middle of the road really isn't it? Radio One is pretty good, try listen to XFM on Sky Digital channel 864 or www.xfm.co.uk as well. Zane used to DJ there before he defected to the Beeb. If you are in into new rock and roll alternative music check out my mp3 blog at http://rockrollsback.blogspot.com .The mp3s are all totally legal promo copies. I just started it up about three days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Zane Lowe is horrendus quite possibly the worst DJ on any radio station

Steve Lemacq's show on bbc 6 music is great its on sundays but you can listin to the weeks show at any time from the website most of the shows on the station are also pretty good phil jupitus's moring show is great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Jeez...I always forget that not everyone can get 1FM here. If I had to make do with the likes of 2fm or todayfm (even at night when they're not as commercial) I'd be at the wrong end of a rope by now...well you know what I mean.
    Not a fan of Zane myself but he does play some great tunes.

Chris Moyles and Pete Tong rock though. Heck even Jo whiley is OK once she doesn't tlka too much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

There's a few good shows on Irish radio, Jenny Huston and Tom Dunne are pretty good, as are Dan Hegarty and a few others I can't remember.

Without wishing to blatantly plug our show, we play good stuff ourselves. A few of the other shows on Anna Livia play good music too.

Noise Annoys Mondays 10-12
    The Breakfast Show Weekdays 8-10 (I think)
    The Soup Mondays 12-2 (I think)
    The Pulse Fridays 3-4.30

and of course The Fastlane Monday + Friday 4.30-7

VVVVV

Nice to see Noise Annoys has been moved 2 hours earlier I may start listinig to it agai after i agev it up when this job thing made me start getinng up early

Nice to see Noise Annoys has been moved 2 hours earlier I may start listinig to it agai after i agev it up when this job thing made me start getinng up early

I could have that time wrong to be honest, now that you mention it there's every chance it starts at 12. I've forgotten some of the other music shows that are good too, so apologies to anyone I've left out :)

Sure listen to our show, we play similar music, interspersed with interesting interviews (mostly non musical)

Here's a few of our recent playlists:

21-3-04

Have Mercy -Loretta Lynn
    Bridges And Balloons - Joanna Newsom
    Slow Hands - Interpol
    Sloop John B - The Beach Boys
    Better Together -Jack Johnson
    End Of Love - Clem Snide
    Close I’ve Come - Ben Lee
    Strange Things Will Happen -Radio Dept.
    Falling Out Of Love At This Volume -Bright Eyes
    Ex-Girl Collection - The Wrens
    Sex And Candy - Marcy Playground
    Hamell’s Ramble - Hamell On Trial
    Blue Light - Bloc Party
    Horsemen - The Bees
    Pass This On -The Knife

14-3-04

Ghost - Neutral Milk Hotel
    Cigarettes And Chocolate Milk - Rufus Wainwright
    Death Of a C-List Celebrity - Beats For Beginners
    Man On The Moon - REM
    These Are Your Friends - Adem
    We Formed A Band - Art Brut
    If She Wants Me - Belle & Sebastian
    Remember Me - British Sea Power
    Nearer Than Heaven -The Delays
    I Only Want You - Eagles Of Death Metal
    Apple Scruffs -George Harrison
    Psychopharmacology - Grandpaboy
    The Red The White The Black The Blue - Hope Of The States

11-3-04

Friday I’m In Love -The Cure
    Ramble On -Led Zeppelin
    Guiding Light - The Veils
    Low Rider - War
    Back In Black - AC/DC
    Road To Joy -Bright Eyes
    With Arms Outstretched -Rilo Kiley
    Lost In The Plot -The Dears
    Twice As Bad As Love -Ryan Adams
    Any Minute Now -Soulwax
    Winter In The Hamptons -Josh Rouse
    Island In The Sun -Weezer
    Long Time Coming -The Delays
    Before I Hit The Wall -The Mendoza Line
    Amerikan Folk Song -Gary Dunne
    A Lack Of Colour -Death Cab For Cutie

Request anything ya might like too, you can text us on 0872598424

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I don't think Zane works as well on radio as he does on TV... I love Gonzo, and I wish they'd extend it for another hour or so per evening. Not that I even have sky of course. :rolleyes:

Sounds good ThatBloke I will listin in but I dont get back till 6:30 so ill only catch the tail end

decent playlists some dark early 80's post punk in the mix and you would have the perfect show

We've played a few from P.I.L., Gang Of Four, The Only Ones et al from time to time.

We usually have a TV/Film review/preview on around the last twenty minutes or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Chino1

Trevor nelson-ntl channel 907-get IN

Advertisement