Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much + how long does a DOE test last? And taxing issues!

Options
  • 21-03-2005 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

How much + how long does a DOE test last? I just bought it and its DOE`d til Jan`06 i think.

would a crack in the windscreen failt it? its a 4inch horizontal crack, but its not right throught the screen or anything.

Ps: im using it privately,,, but am planning on taxing it commercially. If i just tell the tax office i use it for carrying tools/stuff when workinhg with my uncles farm/diggers and stuff would they accept that reason? (This is truth)

Or if i just say im using it to deliver pizza`s at weekends, would that be better? (This would be a lie)

Basically im trying to tax it commercially. If its taxed commercially will the insurers insure it privately for me? I dont think they ask what way its taxed??
    Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

As far as i am aware the insurance companies will always as which insurance you want with the likes of car-vans and vans.
    they will defo ask if its for work and if so they will want you to insure it as commercial.

Trying ringing a few and find out what they say.

My sisters fella bought a Car-van this week he has never driven a car or been insured before, and got a quote for around 2500 euros on commercial insurance. He would be much the same as you, as he is working for his uncle and his mate as an electrician

Advertisement