Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Looking for enthusiastic people for indie production

• 21-03-2005 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Hello guys and gals,

I'm looking for anyone who's enthusiastict to form a production crew as it were to shoot short film. I have a panasonic ag-dv-x100ae camcorder and half decent video editing skills. I lack somewhere in graphical areas and could use some assistance in the following areas.
    1. Graphics (Is photoshop your friend?)
    2. Video Editing - (Some a time consuming process. Should be proficient in premier or vegas)
    3. Boom Operator - I work with an audio technica condenser mic, but a boom operator would be nice
    4. Screenplay Writer (I can write, but a decent writer would help)
    5. Storyboard artist (Not essential, but it would be nice to have one)

As you can see lads, I'm really trying to get a whole production team together to where we can all work with each other to produce a really high quality end product. Just to give you a recap on the equipment I'm working with at the moment.

Panasonic AG-DVX-100AE (Shoots natively at 25P - Considered the worlds best entry level indie camcorder at the €4k mark)
    panasonic_ag-dvx100a.gif

Audio Technica AT897 phantom powered condenser mic (great sound from a €300 mic)
    at897.jpg

Cinetactics Matte Blox with oversized french flag and glass filter holders.
    mb100m-1.jpg

From an editing point of view, I use Adobe Premier Pro 1.5, but I have Avid Xpress Pro and Vegas should I need to use it. I'm also purchasing Magic Bullet to really give that film look. Still working on funds for some black mist and polarizer filters but that will come in time.

As you can see, I've pretty much got the budget man's setup which has set me back a pretty penny but I want to start getting some work done and getting some productions underway. I'd really like to put together a team of willing people to become apart of the team.

If you are in the Waterford area or are willing to travel here, then please send me a mail @ john@fckvwls.com or leave a message here. i'm really only looking for people who are really serious and are willing to put in the effort.

Cheers,

John.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭j_nolan

Hi, John. What are you wanting to shoot? I might be interested in the writing, depending on the genre.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Hey there,

My own personal preference is comedy but I'm willing to work on all genres provided a good script. I'm not picky.. It's all experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

hi john,
    nice camera. Just got a canon xm2 myself. Would be interested in getting involved in an indie production. Got an idea for a comedy but it's an idea at the moment - no story board. Where did you get the mic btw ?
    cheers,

Hey Reece - If you have any ideas, send me a mail.. I'm always willing to help put pen to paper. I got the mic online from B&H - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=search&ci=1&kw=AUAT897&shs=AUAT897&Q=&O=

They are out of stock at the moment though. The xm2 is not a bad cam at all.. Have you done much with it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭j_nolan

Comedy isn't something I'd generally think about writing, so it would be challenge, to say the least. If you had any story or character ideas, I'd love to hear them. E-mail me on 0jnolan@gmail.com, and we can go from there.

Also, have you had any experience with shooting with actors, or on location, yet?

• Advertisement

dlofnep wrote:
    .......... The xm2 is not a bad cam at all.. Have you done much with it yet?

just messing about with it at the moment - depth of field shots etc..... did my lightsaber effect last week (just to get into the effects department). I shot a 35 minute movie - football season with a crappy 1 ccd camera a while back and edited it with movie maker 2 for my sins - nightmare but turned out ok given the crap camera and application. Have upgraded to premier + 3ccd camera. I'll catch up with both of ye on email later on - 1 idea, funnily enough is based on the journey from waterford to tramore

This maybe of interest to ye...............
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4278197.stm

j_nolan wrote:
    Comedy isn't something I'd generally think about writing, so it would be challenge, to say the least. If you had any story or character ideas, I'd love to hear them. E-mail me on 0jnolan@gmail.com, and we can go from there.

Also, have you had any experience with shooting with actors, or on location, yet?

I shot a test music video with a friend of mine's band but that was a long time ago. I'm shooting a short short (4 minutes long) in 2 weeks. I'll upload as soon as it's done to my server. Most of what I've studied (which is far to say is not all that much) will be tested with it.

I'll send you a mail and we can see what ideas we can put together.
    just messing about with it at the moment - depth of field shots etc..... did my lightsaber effect last week (just to get into the effects department). I shot a 35 minute movie - football season with a crappy 1 ccd camera a while back and edited it with movie maker 2 for my sins - nightmare but turned out ok given the crap camera and application. Have upgraded to premier + 3ccd camera. I'll catch up with both of ye on email later on - 1 idea, funnily enough is based on the journey from waterford to tramore

DOF on a 1/4" must be limited ;( - I know it sure is on my dvx and that's 1/3" 3ccd. Tramore to Waterford aye? I used that road for a location to location shot - The road is long and smooth, good for travel shots in cars. And yes, send me an e-mail also and we'll see what we can work with :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

If you pump enough light into any camera, you can increase the depth of field, even if you stop it down to maintain a dark shot. The Field of focus will be increased.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

how do

id be interested in helping out on the editing side of things, i use avid media 100 a fair bit in college and am just about to co-edit a short film in premiere

magic bullet looks brilliant bit pricey though isnt it

• Advertisement

Pricey but worth it's weight in gold. I already have a copy.

Careful what you say, hinting at illegal "Back-ups" isn't a clever idea.

Advertisement