Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many pads have you broken?

Options
  • 21-03-2005 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

How many gamepads have you broken due to the sheer frustratingness that pes occasionally throws up?

I've broken 2 of my own and am currently using one of my friends so it stops me throwing it off the wall for those times when your players just seem to go into retard mode.

Still go back and play it every time though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

none

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

16 since ISS98 but some just died of old age about 4 out of frustration (one last saturday)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

None, I just switch of the PS2 and leave it for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

There are a lot of bits rattling around inside my ps2 controller at the moment cos of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Two dead PS2 pads, and R1 on a third pad is acting up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

my first last week :(`

broke my first one today :(

L1 is now gone :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

R1 is dying on my pad, and I can hear something rattling inside too. I blame my sister though and her stupid Sims games, where she hammers the hell out of the R1 button.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

3 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

And tim,you break mine,you pay!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I still have the same controller I got with the Playstation 2 years ago....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

none yet...but I do have 4 xbox controllers just in case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Cianan2 wrote:
    And tim,you break mine,you pay!!

stop following me. Oh, yours is next. Im just waiting for the ref to make a crappy desicion

2 buttons gone now

R1 is hanging on for dear life

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

5 pads in all three i broke myself 2 my mates broke but replaced :) , i would never break the joy pad if i was playin the computer just when your playin your mates seems them winning goals at 80or so mins are a killer :)

Broke another on sat R2 button went opened it today fixed but have a pie e of plastic left over, works but bit left over :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Hey KdjaC how exactly did you go about fixing that button R2?? Mines messed up as well :(

Its cos of my excessive dribbling on the ball you see. I really should pass the ball around more and give R2 a bit of breather :)

SofaKing wrote:
    Hey KdjaC how exactly did you go about fixing that button R2?? Mines messed up as well :(

Its cos of my excessive dribbling on the ball you see. I really should pass the ball around more and give R2 a bit of breather :)

Get a small screwie open up the pad, take off the bottom plate and if in windows go to Control pad game Controllers and press each button on the calibrate screen and if you hear the noise its working, i cleaned around it with alcohol and cotton buds the rubber thats on top of the button sensor was out of place. Once that went back into place it was fine.

Still have little piece of plastic left over.

If on PS2 find a game with an option to edit the controls and do the testing whislt plugged in where you get real time feedback on buttons rather thna opening closing checking, check whilst pluggged in.

kdjac

Advertisement