Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

commercial van - totally confused

Options
  • 21-03-2005 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys

Already tried searching the forum, but now I'm more confused than before. hope you can help / advise;

I'm toying with the idea of just covering the basics of transport for as little cost as possible. There is only two of us and two large-ish, mostly mucky dogs. So that made me think about a commercial van, the likes of a Berlingo or Kangoo. They can be picked up reasonably cheap (used) and choice is plentyful.

Now here's what I'd like to have ...please tell me if or not this is possible / legal:

-sliding side door
    -have glass in the rear door(s)
    -put one or two small windows in the back (mainly for ventilation for the dogs) NO seats ..just windows
    -pay commercial tax ..not the 1.9 liter
    -pay no more insurance than I would for my current 1.3 liter Jimny
    -separate front from back via wire loadguard, no solid bulkhead

The van would be used 100% privatly, no commercial implications whatsoever.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

-sliding side door=no problem
    -have glass in the rear door(s)again no problem
    -put one or two small windows in the back (mainly for ventilation for the dogs) NO seats ..just windows NO use roof vents instead
    -pay commercial tax ..not the 1.9 liter no problem
    -pay no more insurance than I would for my current 1.3 liter Jimny not sure
    -separate front from back via wire loadguard, no solid bulkhead common in Inca/Polo vans

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I realise you're looking for second hand van, but the new Peugeot Partner has the option of sliding side door. Probably cost a fortune extra though

Advertisement