Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW DS NEWS! games and partnerships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

looking good. I'm definetly interested in seeing an RTS on the DS.

And while I'm not hugely interested in the dictionary - I would like to see them further exploring PDA funtionality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

I was excited about the Age of Empires until i read it was turn based :mad:

Jesus - I hope that's a typo. I can't imagine turning an aged RTS into a TBS is going to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

L5 wrote:
    I was excited about the Age of Empires until i read it was turn based :mad:

yeah...that and the fact that the screens look crap.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

The GameSpy hook up has been spread about already, we wont see online play before E3/May anyway.

Age of Empires is a bit disapointing alright but what did you think when people described advanced wars, you might say "sounds ****" but then you play it and oh my god! AoE could potentially be like Civ on the PC, now that would be cool.

Goldeneye... hmmm at least its an FPS and it looks ok from the shots but I want to see more. Looks like there are load of textures in the gfx. Hopefully we will be hearing alot more about them all soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

AoE as a TBS is abit crap, but it could still be really good too (as someone said, Advance Wars is Turn based but it still rocks!). I'm interested to see how both Advance Wars and AoE uses the touch screen, it could and should be used really well but hopefully its not the only thing worth getting about the game (and the second screen could be very slick too).
    Goldeneye looks alright and I imagine the controls are very similar to the ones for Metroid, which rule!
    Like reactor I can't wait for some more PDA-style software, I'm sure within a year we'll have some decent stuff too (it would be a nice swoop on the PSP if they targeted young professionals who could have an affordable PDA and a cool console all in one).
    Fingers crossed that when the online stuff comes about it will allow internet browsing too, and not just online play

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

give a version of the classic n64 version of goldeneye and ill be happy,that multiplayer was the sh|t

Gileadi wrote:
    give a version of the classic n64 version of goldeneye and ill be happy,that multiplayer was the sh|t
    that would actually be awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

omg brilliant, playing AOE mobile and the touch screen might make it easy to control

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

think you missed the part of it being turn based

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

AoE looks like it is turning into a Civ2 clone. So I say we need an original port of Civ2 to the DS! It would be perfect for playing with the stylus (unlike pretty much every other genre of game!)

Still not sure about FPS on the DS ... the demo of Metroid Prime takes a lot to get used to and neither the stylus or the strap for your tumb provides particularly good control.

Only problem I have with the metroid control is its dificult to do a 180, after that its 2nd only to key board and mouse!

Id say the Metroid controls will be tewaked a bit in the final version and Im surprised we havn't seen a 3rd party thum thing to replace the nintendo one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I am not at all impressed with the Nintendo DS. It looks pathetic.

cheesedude wrote:
    I am not at all impressed with the Nintendo DS. It looks pathetic.
    That must be nice for you. Topic is about specfic games and devlopments not the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

cheesedude
    Hosted Moderator
    HMod: Pro Evolution Soccer

I'm saying nothing......

Rew wrote:
    That must be nice for you. Topic is about specfic games and devlopments not the console.

What do the games run on? Oh ye the DS...and looking at the games in this thread has led me to cast that opinion.

The screens look dreadful for AOE. It is also turn based. HAHA not gonna happen.

Accept it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 baxterfly

Just bought Yoshi Touch and Go off Ebay. Im glad I held out buying a game at the launch. Its the first ture and propper DS game and Im sure it'll tie me over till Metriod comes out anyway. Its a greeat feeling knowing that the experience cant be got another console.

What do the games run on? Oh ye the DS...and looking at the games in this thread has led me to cast that opinion.

Now thats a bit more like it. You don't like turn based stuff at all then? Personally I think FF Advance sucks big time but Advaced Wars is is amazing. I was a huge fan of Civ so it depends on where AoE is going to fit in. I was never a fan of AoE on the PC anyway, could never get in to it.

If you like turn based games, you may actually like this version of AOE but i would find it hard to get into AOE turn based if I did not like the real time version on the PC. I just hate turn based games anyway though.

Rogue Agent could be good...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i hate age of empires so this could be good.

i think goldeneye will be good cause we have nothin else to compare it with on the DS unless they REAllY FCUK UP THE CONTROLS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

evad_lhorg wrote:
    i think goldeneye will be good cause we have nothin else to compare it with on the DS unless they REAllY FCUK UP THE CONTROLS.

Which, let's face it, EA probably will:rolleyes:

cheesedude wrote:
    If you like turn based games, you may actually like this version of AOE but i would find it hard to get into AOE turn based if I did not like the real time version on the PC. I just hate turn based games anyway though.

Rogue Agent could be good...

Did you play Advaced wars 1/2? Really solid, good games and very addictive. Tactics meant alot more then numbers and brute force.

Rogue Ageant is a compleat wild card. Could be better the metriod is Metrid goes down the Tournament/area style play with no real levels but I cannt Nintendo will **** it up. Imagine Goldeneye with 8 players and all the options to pick diferant weapons like on the N64 version... mmm proximity mines... And sneak em up levels like the orignal, mmmm sniper rifle....

Advertisement