Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Job in Galway

Options
  • 21-03-2005 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭

I’m an NUIG student, looking for a job in Galway over the summer (mid May to beginning of September). Since I’ll have to pay rent, I need something around/over the €8.50 an hour mark. Location isn’t really an issue, as long as it’s nearish the city centre(less than say 6 miles) and is near a bus route.
    I’m waiting on application forms from Boston Scientific and Medtronic and I’m really just looking for suggestions of other places that would normally take on students for the summer and have decent wages. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

you're best to go through ICE recruitment if you want to work in boston tbh.
    not sure of where else to suggest

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Work in the hospital, its seriously soft work. Apply through ICE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

8.50 an hour is pretty ambitious, do you have alot of experience or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

8.50 an hour is pretty ambitious, do you have alot of experience or something?

€8.50 an hour was what I was getting in my last job, but I'm only needed 20 hours a week, so it's not practical to keep on for summer unless I get a second job. If I can, I'd prefer just to work one full time rather than 2 part time.
    What exactly is the story with ICE? I've looked on the website, but they only list skilled jobs. So how do I actually "apply through ICE"?

Advertisement