Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of this site?

Options
  • 18-07-2001 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭

Right oh then folks I'm just wondering what you think of my site http://www.quicksol.net
    I know the contents aint there but feel free to rip me apart about the graphics/look of the site.

kayos

When you get to hell tell them I sent you,
    you'll get a group discount...

tribes.gameshop.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

A sans-serif font face might look better on the link buttons. That or maybe just increase the leading; they're slightly difficult to read.

The link colour is way too light; and that's on a PC, they're probably practically invisible with Mac gamma.

How come the main page scrolls so much when there's nothing there?

Other than that it's lookin' pretty nice.

-Ross

When I was young my mother told me not to look into the sun; so once, when I was six, I did...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

I have a stats link on it on I dont want the ungly faicing button to be to visable so it gos right down for the now anyway. Ya I think the link is way to light alright I'll mess around with it soon as I get time.

Cheers,
    kayos

tribes.gameshop.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Don't know if you've changed the settings but they look great from my Mac. (Then again everything does!). The purple highlight is cool - subtle but not invisible.

The only things I don't like are ... the time it takes to download on 56k lines (you can shave a bit off the left of the jpg/gif) ... and the fact that the top "blu_spin.gif" looks like a square picture, if you filled that off-black to the black of the background it will look funky. (oh also the logo looks like "Qulksal" to me)

Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

In IE it looks okay... in Opera I see the source code instead of the page for the main frame on the home page...

like this:

kayos_quicksol.jpg

Now you *could* say 'screw Opera!' - but it's a good browser and that shouldn't be happening. It seems to be because you are using a file with a Dreamweaver template extension (".dwt") instead of a ".html" extension. IE quite WRONGLY ignores this and just renders it as HTML based on the content.

I'd fix that if I were you. Don't know how it appears in the various versions of Netscape (dont have it installed) but if it follows rules like Opera does, it might be screwed there too.

Bard
    I've got a plan... and it's as HOT... AS MY PANTS!!!" - Lord Flashheart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

That source code thingy I must say is a big mistake on mybelf (bold kealan bold) I'll sort it out tommorrow when I'm in work smile.gif Cheers for the comments smile.gif

kayos

tribes.gameshop.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Cliph

I think you should loose the gyroscope image, it's too distracting - or you could make it static and not revolving the whole time.
    Also I consider the top frame to be too large especially considering there is no actual information (aside from your logo and a gryoscope) being contained therein.
    Consider droping the frames format altogether, frames (can) make for clunky, messy sites.
    In Konqueror I only see the source code (in the main frame) also.
    The main logo could be read os quicksal or quick5al because of that font.

I wish you the best of luck.

--
    Cliph/ff
    http://chicks-dig-unix.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭acidweb

The font you used for the logo seems to read "QuickSal" instead of quicksol.

Maybe if you just round off the "o" more like a circle.

Regards,

Peter Denham
    [./url=http://www.acidwebsolutions.com/]http://www.acidwebsolutions.com/[/url]
    [./email=post@acidwebsolutions.com]post@acidwebsolutions.com[/email]

Advertisement