Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Videogamesplus delivery times?

Options
  • 21-03-2005 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hey I just heard from videogamesplus that my copy of wipeout pure has been shipped.

Anyone have any experience with Canada - Dublin delivery times? They say 1-14 days airmail. Thoughts?

We wants it soooooooon!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,342 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i dont want to hijack your thread but maybe someone can help me to
    whats UPS delivery like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

whats UPS delivery like

Excellent ;)

Had my PSP (from england) within 24 hours from ordering....

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Yeah UPS is fast!

I got caught for customs with them though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

how much it cost you??

It was supposed to be 189 euro but I screamed bloody murder and it went down to 115.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

if ot goes through normal postage customs never touch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Hey I just heard from videogamesplus that my copy of wipeout pure has been shipped.

Anyone have any experience with Canada - Dublin delivery times? They say 1-14 days airmail. Thoughts?

We wants it soooooooon!

Mine just shipped with them too :D

Ive heard people say 4-5 days to Ireland.
    Please god we'll get them by friday!
    Thats what Im hoping anyway!

whats UPS delivery like

UPS are great. I ordered a phone from Hong Kong on a monday morning. Wednesday morning it was in my hands.
    They'll screw you in charges though. Ill never use them again. 30 euro taxes and charges on a $60 game. bástards

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

:eek: 189 euros where the hell did it come from mars? customs are fuppin muppets :mad:

L5 wrote:
    UPS are great. I ordered a phone from Hong Kong on a monday morning. Wednesday morning it was in my hands.
    They'll screw you in charges though. Ill never use them again. 30 euro taxes and charges on a $60 game. bástards
    god i hope i dont get ripped off from that fella i bought my psp games off

• Advertisement

hal9000 wrote:
    :eek: 189 euros where the hell did it come from mars? customs are fuppin muppets :mad:
    LOL - no it was a PSP though and not a game ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Dogg Thang

Well I've had quite a few things from VG+ and I also have Wipeout on its way. It's not going to arrive any time before friday. Now there is a very slim chance it could arrive on friday but I don't know if they'll be delivering on friday because of easter. If they aren't working on friday then the earliest we'll see it is tuesday but my best guess is wednesday simply because, in my experience, it takes about 7 working days anyway and I've also noticed that very few things seem to get delivered the tuesday after a bank holiday (that could be coincidence or it could be that they have a day's backlog to catch up on).

It's hard to say though. Times can vary a lot.

Dogg.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Oh dear! where did you get ure psp from ive ordered mine from canada and there is no way in hell im going to pay 189euro to get it from dublin customs to my front door. "here you go one psp plus Regular Ripoff Price uhh i mean R.R.P 500euro"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

189 euros ? for customs ? thats a DS+game, right there !

Placebo wrote:
    189 euros ? for customs ? thats a DS+game, right there !
    First of all let me address the customs (before I move onto the DS comment).
    My PSP was bought last year and I received it mid-December. It cost 450 euro including val pack, ridge racers and fastest insured UPS delivery.

Thats why it was so high - it probably wouldnt be anywhere near this much for anyone who is caught now.

Second. I made the TERRIBLE mistake of giving in to Nintendo. I've had only Ridge Racers since December last year and I play it a lot. I needed a new handheld game - bad. I should have waited for Easter (and all the US PSP arrivals). I didn't. I went into Gamestop and traded in a bunch of stuff including my beautiful sp for a DS and Mario 64.

It sucked. It sucked so BAD. Mario 64 was a great game. They've ruined it.
    The graphics are woeful, the control schemes are distorted - try doing a backflip - I dare ya (it will take about 6 tries to pull off an easy move using the 'stylus').

So I brought it back - A DAY LATER. 'Oh it's touch screen - we dont do returns on those'. Now it was all my own fault but they had zero sympathy even though I had everything in perfect condition and I'd only just bought the stupid thing. I asked for my sp back - they charged me double for my own sp back, gave me trade in value on my ds and said they couldnt take mario back for a week or two.

So there's my DS story andif anyone wants mario 64 for 35 euro Im in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

yeah PSP kicks DS ass, just because the games are way better so far, that might ghange with advance wars or if Zelda DS ever comes out

still waiting on my 2 ordered PSP games to ship bah

Gizzard wrote:
    still waiting on my 2 ordered PSP games to ship bah

what games? all the EA games except NFS have been held back for 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Videogamesplus is fantastic in terms of delivery times.

Their standard airmail is faster than this country's national post. Seriously.

I ordered a GBA SP from them and it arrived in Waterford in three days. Unbelievable.

Do they not use an post then? Is there anyway to track it or get in touch with the delivery people as my house is very hard to find :(

• Advertisement

L5 wrote:
    what games? all the EA games except NFS have been held back for 2 weeks

Metal gear solid and an SPny RPG

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

If all your waiting for is EA games...well, ,I won't say anymore

Do they not use an post then? Is there anyway to track it or get in touch with the delivery people as my house is very hard to find :(
    when you sighn up to video game plus did they ask for your phone number maybe they can use that to find your house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

iv got a psp preordered with VG+, do you get caught for customs when you order from them.

Depends what method of shipping you used. I have never been done for customs using regular post ever. Couriers like Fedex, DHL etc get caught all the time as it seems running them through customs is part of their procedure. And because Irish customs can be quite slow I've often had things arrive by regular airmail quicker than courier.

I'm not sure what Canadian post options are like but from years of ordering online I've found the very best services come from EMS (most asian countries seem to use this and it's as quick as courier but doesn't get caught by customs) or USPS priotity air mail from the US (which is usually around 3 days but I have had rare occasions where is arrives in two).

Having said all of that, there are always factors that affect these things and sometimes any service can be unusually slow and sometimes even unusually fast.

So does anyone know if post is being delivered this friday what with easter and all? I had a quick look at the an post site but didn't see any notices about the weekend. Technically it is not a holiday.

Oh and Yawnstretch as far as tracking down your delivery goes, it will be going through an post but until they attempt a delivery they won't help you out unless you're in a remote area (where they have less post and are generally friendlier). I have tried looking for parcels that were late before and it's only an exercise in frustration. I had one great time where an post told me they don't handle packages from the US and to ring another company. They told me that an post handles the packages up to a certain size and to call an post. After several days of each company denying they had it, it arrived. I traced it back out of curiosity (even normal US post is easily traced as they seem to have great systems) and sure enough it was an post all along.

The weirdest thing to me about post is that I have ordered stuff from all over the world and the slowest place to get post from is the UK. I have no idea why...

Dogg.

Interesting.

Well I got an email back from VGplus who said to call my local post office if Im worried about them finding my house so it should be interesting - hopefully we all get our games safe, sound, and speedily :D

Interesting.

Well I got an email back from VGplus who said to call my local post office if Im worried about them finding my house so it should be interesting - hopefully we all get our games safe, sound, and speedily :D

hear hear. Hopefully before the weekend too :D

Yawnstretch, if you're on to them ask if there will be deliveries on friday and let us know, eh?

Cheers,
    Dogg.

Dogg Thang wrote:
    Yawnstretch, if you're on to them ask if there will be deliveries on friday and let us know, eh?

Cheers,
    Dogg.

id also like to know this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

hairball wrote:
    If all your waiting for is EA games...well, ,I won't say anymore
    roffle

Advertisement