Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Ovetto/ Vespa Moped Owners Out There?

• 21-03-2005 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Im looking for some help with buying a scooter/moped. If you have a scooter/moped that you'd like to recommend to me/ tell me why you hate it then please reply!

My scooter died (for good) on me two weeks ago (it was a 4 year old suzuki katana) and I want to get a new scooter.

Im looking at either a vespa (ET2 or PX200) or an Ovetto MBK.... thing is Ive heard that the vespas are hard to get serviced/ expensive to buy parts for.

The ovetto sounds like a better bike in terms of functionality and reliability/service but apparently the only colours available in Dublin are red, blue or a minging looking pearly silver... I want the dark green/ black colour but havent been able to find a dealer that will order that colour in... anyone have any advice on which bike to buy/ own these bikes?

Thank you! x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

get urself a vespa,i still have my t5,in the shed,head over to scooter iland,mod id up ;) wildcry sc,those where the days :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

OK I have a "minging" siliver :) - great bike, but I live much closer to work now so have not used it since the new year... Yes, here is the plug ...its for sale...

http://ww.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=221220

I would also be interested in trading this for a bicycle ... time to get fit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

i would go for px type, no problems with parts and scooter island will help you any time.

wouldn't touch ovetto, it will be better of fixing your own bike.

r u selling it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

What happened to the Katana? Dead after only 4 years sounds rough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Nevee13

Yeah, rough is right! (I realise this took me years to reply to - only started re-using Boards.ie for the Canada forum recently.)

I was told that the whole engine would have to be replaced and that that could cost E800 + and even then the bike would need more work... So, on the advice of the shop I sold it for scrap via them (for E80) and bought a brand new scooter back then. 6 months later guess what I see stopped at a traffic light? My "scrapped" moped done up and being driven by a Polish guy. Pulled up beside him to ask about it and he says that he bought it from Buy And Sell... Completely taken advantage of and ripped off. Wouldn't be the first time, I usually have a bad/ unfriendly experience in motorbike and scooter shops as a female customer - always sneer or dismiss you. Anyone recommend a good, honest, non-chauvinistic shop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Nevee13, this thread is 4 years old - please don't resurrect old threads :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

eoin wrote: »
    Nevee13, this thread is 4 years old - please don't resurrect old threads :)

You can't even resurrect your own thread?

Self-inflicted zombiefication?

Awww... :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement