Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reading/Leeds Festivals 2005 - ANNOUNCED!

• 21-03-2005 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭

From leedsfestival.com -

MAIN STAGE LINE-UP TO DATE

FRIDAY 26TH - READING / SATURDAY 27TH - LEEDS
    PIXIES - only confirmed UK dates / only UK festival performances
    THE KILLERS - only exclusive English festival performances
    QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE - only UK festival performances
    THE CORAL - only UK festival performances
    ELBOW - only UK festival performances

SATURDAY 27TH - READING / SUNDAY 28TH - LEEDS
    FOO FIGHTERS - only English festival performances
    KINGS OF LEON - only UK festival performances
    RAZORLIGHT
    THE CHARLATANS
    JIMMY EAT WORLD - only UK festival performances

SUNDAY 28TH - READING / FRIDAY 26TH - LEEDS
    IRON MAIDEN - only UK festival performances
    MARILYN MANSON - only UK festival performances
    INCUBUS - only UK festival performances
    IGGY & THE STOOGES
    NOFX - only UK festival shows

NME / RADIO ONE STAGE
    LINE-UP TO DATE

FRIDAY 26TH - READING / SATURDAY 27TH - LEEDS
    KASABIAN
    BLACK REBEL MOTORCYCLE CLUB

SATURDAY 27TH - READING / SUNDAY 28TH - LEEDS
    THE TEARS - debut UK festivals shows
    BABYSHAMBLES
    THE ARCADE

SUNDAY 28TH - READING / FRIDAY 26TH - LEEDS
    BLOC PARTY - only UK festival appearances
    THE FUTUREHEADS

Pixies, Foo Fighters, Iron Maiden, Incubus, QOTSA, Jimmy Eat World, Marilyn Manson, The Killers.............. pretty nice :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

crap lineup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Carling Weekend is looking quite jolly this year. I didn't think a festival lineup could could top T in the Park/Oxegen but I've been proven wrong. Not going myself but someday in the future I will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Looks good. But hopefully some of those bands that are down as only "UK" festival performance will play Oxegen too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

crap lineup
    Hardly crap. Might not be you cup of tea but that rivals just about anything in the rock category of festival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Hardly crap. Might not be you cup of tea but that rivals just about anything in the rock category of festival.

Relax, there is ALWAYS at least one person who whinges, pixies eh, might mean they'll do something over here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bazz

Download would have to be the choice but that is a good lineup. Glad Maiden are playing here though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

yeah i assume UK doesn't include oxegen does it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

quarryman wrote:
    yeah i assume UK doesn't include oxegen does it?
    Doubt it. Most of them say only UK show, but others say only show in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Relax, there is ALWAYS at least one person who whinges, pixies eh, might mean they'll do something over here
    Well as far as I can see they are due to play in France, Portugal and Reading already and Reading isn't actually listed on their pixiesmusic.com site yet so there's obviously more to be announced.

I was a bit disappointed with the Reading fest last year, I think the main issue was the weather was like the worst in about 10 years for the fest but also the lineup was nothing like this years.... decisions, decisions....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Toast

p.pete wrote:
    I was a bit disappointed with the Reading fest last year, I think the main issue was the weather was like the worst in about 10 years for the fest but also the lineup was nothing like this years.... decisions, decisions....

I agree. Everyone was in a foul mood at Reading last year. Really did nothing for me but it was probably the horrible weather. However this lineup would make me go again. Pixies, Arcade Fire, Bloc party... wow.

• Advertisement

Weekend tickets currently are showing as sold out. I don't know if any more will be released but I guess you couldn't rule it out. I don't see any news reports hyping up the fact that it's sold out but then again it's a bank holiday. Either way, I've just impulse bought myself a Friday ticket - so I won't miss the Pixies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

I was at Leeds last year and the line up was brilliant: Taking Back Sunday, Funeral for a Friend, Thrice, AlexisonFire, Lostprophets, Allistar and The Bouncing Souls among many others.........man that was one hell of an awesome line-up.....kinda un-beatable.

Yeah this years ain't really as good..... because I'm not interested in most of the bands mentioned!!....brilliant festival though"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Reading weekend tickets have sold out. Only Leeds left.

Yeah this years ain't really as good..... because I'm not interested in most of the bands mentioned!!
    :rolleyes: that'll do it alright.

I saw the weekend tickets had sold out so I panick bought a Friday ticket for the Pixies and Killers - bit of a rip off so I may try sell it. Rumour is that the Pixies will be playing Glastonbury so I'll probably be trying my darndest to get a ticket for that next Sunday morning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

it sold out last year but we went and bought weekend tickets there, no probs

Advertisement