Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercings

Options
  • 21-03-2005 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

I didn't know to post here or on the Piercings forum ~ Mods feel free to move.

I'm considering getting an eyebrow or ear (cartilige) pierced, but I'm unsure about the whole right = gay, left = straight
    My question is as follows:
    What side is representative of gay?
    Is it only applicable to earlobes?
    Is it any different for eyebrows?

Thanks in advance,
    Snapscan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Hmm, if you don't know, what makes you think anybody with a mental age above five will. Such things are extremely idiotic.

Anyway, the only person I know with an eye stud has it on his left eyebrow and he's straight. While the only person I know with an ear bar stud thing is Damien and he has it on the right as far as I can remember, maybe this answers your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

In the ear, right seems to imply you are a homersexual. In the left means you are straight or just closeted :). I don't think it matters with eyebrow piercings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

it doesnt matter tbh, ive got both eyebrows done....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

AlcoholicA wrote:
    it doesnt matter tbh, ive got both eyebrows done....
    Bi tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

What a stupid attitude to have,
    How can the placement of a piercing determine sexuality.

Do what YOU prefer not what other people think. What age are you?

• Advertisement

Bi tbh.

lmao!, *pats head* its alright.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Since when does the placement of pieces of metal in your body decide whether to like men or like women?

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Since when does the placement of pieces of metal in your body decide whether to like men or like women?

I hear if you get pierced in Georges St Arcade you can begin to like beastality

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Wow, so many non-answers.

"Just how does wearning a pink tshirt with tight leather pants and bleached blonde hair decide whether you like men or women? Do what you want and don't care what anyone else thinks." ;)

damien.m wrote:
    In the ear, right seems to imply you are a homersexual. In the left means you are straight or just closeted :). I don't think it matters with eyebrow piercings.

Just for my own sanity, your's is the right yes?

• Advertisement

if ya get ur right nipple peirced ur a tranny............ apparently

I have my conch on my right ear pierced aye. As well as my nape, which means I like boys with who like girls who like boys that like guys.

I've no piercings, guess that means I'm some sort of A sexual Duck.

You sure ? You could be a Queer Duck ? :p

I was wondering why that poped into my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

"The last woman who laid me... Was Mom!!".

Ooh I love Queer Duck :D

<edited bit, my intention came out wrong>

The answer simply is...some narrow minded people within society might view having your right ear pierced as a homosexual gesture.

Most people dont and should not care which side is pierced.

Ignore what Stark said. You're always welcome to ask questions in this forum. It's a very worn phrase but really there are no stupid questions.

Stark wrote:
    "The last woman who laid me... Was Mom!!".

Ooh I love Queer Duck :D

Anyway, back on topic I think the summary of the above responses is "We don't know, so you're insecure, idiotic and immature for asking".

In fairness that was my reply, but it turns out I got it right in the end. Left = straight, right = gay. As set out by god on page 44 of the bibble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

wasn't the left/right thing a a device devised by gay people to help in certain situations to indentify their orientation,
    so avoiding the possibly embarrassing "before we start chatting/flirting/whatever do u like boys or girlies "(or a more blunt question)

and it's understandable to me then that the first poster might be concerned about identifying himself as of a particular orientation (wanting to avoid fruitless misunderstandings rather than from prejudice)

Of course, hopefully we have all moved on from there, and yea u should mutilate your body where ever you choose :)

My ear/eyebrow/other things are pierced on the left, most likely cos I am left handed.

btw I wonder am I the only one who occassionally slips his glasses thro his eyebrow ring.

and finally
    over the weekend a rather sweet friend of mind was sittign on the couch chatting, and being anxious not to go anywhere I didn't want to , there was an avoidance of phyical touching and a building up of ...."energies" he eventually reached to the piercing on my eyebrow asking "is it ok if I play with your ring" :)

and finally finally: I'd like a scaffod, you know the bar that goes through two parts of the top of your ear, just wondered are they removanle (for interviews and the like)

• Advertisement

I like your posts, I find htem interesting and amusing. Also the left right thing doesn't work anymore, since half the marry's here didn't know ;)

aaw you've brightened my day

so erm ....
    any one else have a problem with piercings driving some one's fillings crazy ?

erm I constantly stab myself with my spikey labret, if that counts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Wait, do people actually take that whole left or right ear thing seriously?! I always assumed it was utter nonsense only believe by pre-pubescent boys who call everyone gay, on account of it being the ultimate insult :rolleyes:

So, I got my left eyebrow pierced twice, and I want the top of my right ear and my tongue pierced, and I already have two holes in each ear, what does this make me? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

The gay sociaty created this sad old myth themselves, so I', told, as a way to identify with ones orientation. I'm sure it doesn't make much difference. Do want you want.

fozzle

I think it makes you a colander

:) thank you! That's the first time I've laughed in days!

/me wanders off to strain lettuce through my head....

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

fozzle

I think it makes you a colander

Damn you, that was my line.

would of thought you might of gone for a clive barker/pinhead comment.

What actually came to mind is those cartoons where the guy is all shot up ( kids tv!!!) and walks away apparently unhurt, then drinks (often from a barrel) and leaks spring from his many new orifices

also thought of calling him a strainer but that brought my deviant mind off on a completely different thread.

hmm... my postings tend to ramble me thinks
    I guess if we were each to be found in a kitchen fozzle would be the shiny stainless steel colander, and I'd be ....a waffle iron :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

:D Stop it, you're making me laugh out loud in work! Actually it's great, I feel better than I have in days, but anyway!
    also thought of calling him a strainer but that brought my deviant mind off on a completely different thread.

Yowsa! But I'm actually a girl, so I dunno if we'd be "compatible" ;)

Advertisement