Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrelandOffline in Business and Finance mag issue.

Options
  • 21-03-2005 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

I was flying to London city last weekend when i spotted a piece mentioning Irelandoffline. Although small it was nice to see it :) Good way to get to the masses. See attached.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Jesus Christ like ! Do they nothing else to report on ? Dahamsta needs to kick off TelcoWatch and take some of the spotlight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Also in the Evening Herald. Your Money in the Business Briefcase section an article reading "We're being ripped off in broadband prices-report". If you want it scanned, let me know :)

Internet lobby group Ireland Offline said this country was near the bottom of the table in its survey of the world's 30 leading industrialised nations.
    The report claimed Ireland was 27th of the 30 for value for money.
    Ireland Offline chairman Damien Mulley said that the survey was "the clearest evidence yet" of the true state of broadband availabilty in Ireland.

Theres a little bit more on that too.

Wow. The message is surely out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

What have you started? ;)

cgarvey wrote:
    What have you started? ;)

It's called my retirement plan. With the upcoming Broadband For All project we're launching it means I can retire from IrelandOffline after giving it 12 full months and be satisfied with the work I did.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

damien.m wrote:
    Dahamsta needs to kick off TelcoWatch and take some of the spotlight.
    S'always been there Damien, just needs ranters. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

It's called my retirement plan. With the upcoming Broadband For All project we're launching it means I can retire from IrelandOffline after giving it 12 full months and be satisfied with the work I did.

What an incredible 12 months it's been too Damien, hats off to you and your crew once again. You've all done an incredible amount and taken the use of the media by IOFFL to a whole new level. I for one am extremely grateful.

its refreshing to see all the work Ioffl has done and seeing stuff in the newspapers with IrelandOffline getting the credit for the work. Well done to all involved :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Outstanding work. IOFFL was pretty much finished about a year ago and look at it now.

same sort of article in todays Irish Indo, e-news section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭jwt

dahamsta wrote:
    S'always been there Damien, just needs ranters. :)

Joined to keep you company :D

now , how exactly does one rant I wonder :D

John

Advertisement