Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless hotspots in Tralee

• 21-03-2005 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭

Does anybody know of any wireless hot spots in tralee.

I've found the following that are unsecured and have broadband net access

KADE - Good reception near supermax
    ORTHO - WIRELESS - Works near the brandon hotel.

Anybody know of any others. Please list them

Digiking

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

The library have 1.5mbit internet free for all library users...I sat outside last night in my car...Nice Speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

The library no longer has the wireless access by night as people were dropping rubbish out of their cars.
    Haven't had a chance to find any other spots yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

I think McDonalds have one too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

get a copy of the local free Tralee Advertiser ( the latest one ) there was small writeup on it and a list of the locations.

I think McDonalds have one too..
    I'll use their wireless but I'm not buying their f*cking food!

Cool, I'll have a look for a copy of the Tralee advertiser.
    The wireless at the town library is back on again after over a month off.
    Works with my Nintendo DS too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

If u can't find it i have it at work and will give u the low down on who has it now and who will have it soon.

Anyway what's the story with these wireless hot spot thingys ? U mean i can just park my car at McD's and start downloading stuff ? If so what kind of speeds would i expect hehe as i work in the centre of town..hmmmm free BB !!!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If it's the same as the one in shannon you need a card with a code to access. Get it on request when buying a meal I think.

Haven't been able to find a copy of the Tralee Free advertiser anywhere.
    Where can you usually find it?

Couldn't get a signal for Mc D's anywhere outside. Didn't want to set foot in the place so didn't try too hard.

Advertisement