Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i think this is juggling related!

Options
  • 21-03-2005 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

hey hey, i know some of you might not consider this as juggling related but i started to mess around with a diabolo a few weeks ago and i really like it, its kinda addictive man,
    just wondering if anybody on here can diabolo and if they wanna tell about it, skills, tricks, etc. etc... ok thats all
    hum

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

As stated in the charter Diabolo is definatley included. I can't diabolo but my cousin has some diablolo friends so I'll see if I can get to them and tell them to get on here. Nice to have you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Ali Cat

There are several basic Diablo tricks that you will probably want to begin with. The Sun, the elevator, throwing, catching and bouncing. If you need someone to describe how to do these tricks to you, just ask, I'd be happy to, if you already know them then say so and I can give you some tips on more advenced tricks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

i wouldn't excactly call myself a diabloist but i do have a diablo at home and i mess around with it every now and then as i do the devil sticks, what is the sun?

the Sun is when you swing the Diablo around up and over the hand sticks and turn at the same time so that the string doesn't get tangled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭hum

hey ali cat,
    i learned a few tricks cos i couldnt put it down!, i learned to throw it and catch it! um then i learned the basic trapeze, then a trick where you put your foot on the string and make the diabolo go around your foot but i dont know what its called, then i learned how to do a simple grind and after that i got the hang of doing a backside which i found hard but i think its a cool trick and right now im "experimenting" with trying to catch it behind my head which is going pretty ok.
    i havnt tried to do the sun yet but thanks for telling me, the diabolo im using is my friends but he dosnt really use it, so i ordered a babache one from firetoys so im waiting for that to arrive, mean while im looking at some online videos of people doing tricks.
    do you have any tips on how to get really good speed?? cos thats a big thing i guess, also if you have any tips at all on how i can progress more like what tricks are good to go for next etc....
    have you been doing diabolo for long??
    thanks alot for the response!
    hum

• Advertisement

hey again, i also learned how to do a basic elevator to get the idea and i was trying the bounce and i found it hard cos everytime i did it the diabolo went all over the place!, any tips for it?

Well it sounds like you're doing very well, good work! The best way to build up speed is by putting a loop on and then sending the diablo in a circle in the vertical plane. Start out by whipping it and then just letting it follow the same plane upwards a bit on one side. Work up to the full circular path, it's challanging but you will get it. As for your problems with the bouncing try reducing the tension in the string to gain better control and then work your way up.
    I hope this is helpful, I'll try and post some new tricks for you to try over the next few days. To answer your question i don't actually do much diablo myself but I do do circus arts and even though I'm not a juggler (I'm an aerialist) I know how to do most things, also I have taught a quite a bit of general circus so I know what I'm talking about. ;)

hey, my diabolo arrived today its really great, i was practicing more and got the hang of the sun and now im trying to figure out some tricks in which the diabolo goes around my arm but im finding it hard enough, never the less, any tips or anything are much appreciated as usual!
    circus arts? thats cool, how did you get into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

i've been doing diablo for a few years now, and i love it... plans to make a fire diablo soon.....
    http://www.diabolotricks.com/ has been a huge help for me when looking for new stuff to do.
    my favourite new trick involves throwing up and catching it in a juggling ring, letting it grind there for a few seconds, then throwing it back onto the string. great fun =0)

that sounds cool, i was trying suicides today and i caught it twice but both times the diabolo stoped spinning!, ill go back to it tomorrow, its a pretty scary trick!, yeah thats a great site lots of stuff on there to mess around with, i have been looking at the videos here..... www.artofdiabolo.com they are really cool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement