Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any suggestions

Options
  • 21-03-2005 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

lately i've been gettin very bored of music.. even if its something that i really like, after 20mins i want something else... there seems to be nothing that can hold my interest for too long... can anyone suggest what might be up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Bob Sakamano

Ridlin is the answer my good man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Try smoking weed, if ya don't already. All I ever do when I smoke is listen to a few tunes and have conversations but beware never eat or watch telly while high, only the true smokers know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

You're a victim of our current social climate, patience is...like sooo last century. Don't blame yourself, blame "M"tv and the various editors, TV and radio execs who approved all the McCulture we've to put up with.

There is still stuff of substance out there, you just have to search it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭asp

Just listen to Weezer dude :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

That happens to me too. What works for me is when I re-find a band after not listening to them for ages, then all the songs sound great because you already know them. Like with me and Kerbdog, Scheer and old Radiohead. Sweet. :)

• Advertisement

ThatBloke wrote:
    patience is...like sooo last century.
    ADD is the new black

scarfacemj wrote:
    ADD is the new black

racist

;)

lol very David Brent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Can someone summerise this thread down please??

Racism?

• Advertisement

Relax man it was a joke

So was mine!! I think we have our crosses wired...

It wouldn't be the first time :)

hehey David Brent Vs Scareface two men enter one man leaves and so on

I think David would win, 'ya know, self protection n' all that yeah?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭geekstinkbreath

As a fellow short attention span, music and in general, type person,
    i also find it hard to listen to albums for a long* period of time.
    I suggest listening to punk. And more specifically,

"Short Music for Short People" Album.

Contains a 100 30 second songs.
    ..always read the label.

*about 5mins

Do you have to be off your tits on speed to listen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭geekstinkbreath

Not really- but it sure would be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Theres a lot of good music around at the moment and if you don't like it go for something from the 90's or the 80's or else go for something from the 60's if you're still bored then music isn't for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

good listens at the moment Kaiser chiefs, Futureheads, Rilo Kiley, Kings of Leon, Dogs Die in Hot Cars, The Zutons, Willy Mason and on and on......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

thanx for your input folks.. in the past few days however the spark has re-ignited in the way that miss serena said it would... it began with hearing 2+2=5 by radiohead, since then i've been a much happier listener(or as happy a listener as a radiohead fan can be).. i may still check out that punk stuff though.. another cd that helped was Mogwai's happy songs for happy people... the chords are so simple yet the layered melodies give it so much depth.. enough of the arty farty mumbo its fukkin great.. anyone ever see radiohead on the simpsons.. i heard it was really funny.. anywho.. i have rediscovered music as my soul's lifeblood so all's well in the world again... apart from the whole war and dirty poloticians and all that crap, but meh.. what can ya do? once again thanx, and sorry for the mile long post!!

ah its so nice to get some closure on a thread for once

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Kaboogie

Have you ever tried listening to Pink Floyd's dark side of the moon. :)

i have it.. never tried it for that particular problem though, simply because i've never had that problem before.. i do agree it is a class album... i wanna get my hands on piper at the gates of dawn though.. i've heard it and i wanna hear it again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

just listen to some rage against the machine, audioslave or if yer in a more mellow frame of mind republic of loose, the doors

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

scarfacemj wrote:
    but beware never eat or watch telly while high, only the true smokers know that.

pre tell good sir why not. i would consider myself a VERY seasoned smoker (albeit not as much anymore) and i dont get wot yer on about at all

Smoking is bad for you, scarfacemj does not condone this activity or any other that breaks the law. As your Attorney I advise you to plead the fifth....they're LISTENING don't you know, Savage Henry the skag barron

have you been smoking?

Just reading way too much of Hunter S. Thompson, as your attorney I advise you to go buy a copy of his book, sit back and enjoy. Then they'll set those f**king pigs on you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement