Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iolbb modem...

• 22-03-2005 12:08am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was hoping to mess around with the ports on my modem so I could improve my torrent speeds, but I cant remember the password for my modem (zyxel prestige 600). I'm almost certain I changed it when I set it up a year ago, so I don't think it's still on the default, whatever this is, but since I changed it I've had no need to look at the modem and have since forgotten it.

Anyone know a way to fix this? Can IOL help me out once I prove to them that I'm the owner of the modem and I'm not just messing around with someone elses?

thanks,

flogen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

hold the reset button at the back for more then 10secs. sets it back to defaults

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

the passsword for your modem is like your password for windows.

no one knows it except you and iol cant extract it.

best thing is a hareware reset,
    usually a little buttton on the backside of it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Chalk wrote:
    the passsword for your modem is like your password for windows.

no one knows it except you and iol cant extract it.

best thing is a hareware reset,
    usually a little buttton on the backside of it

will that do anything else besides reset the hardware settings? As I said I haven't done anything with it so I'm not worried about ports and that stuff, but if I do reset it will I have to change anything else?

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

It will reset to the same settings it had when you got it first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

youll need to re-enter your iol user name and password-
    esat will have these if you dont know them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

cool, thanks. Have all that done now..

I remember when I originally set the modem up there were settings people recommended you change so people couldn't remotely access your modem, are there any security settings I should change?

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭padraigf

It's set by default to not accept incoming connections as far as I know.

Advertisement