Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Photos Of Asus Dual-core 6800 Ultra

Options
  • 22-03-2005 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

http://www.hardspell.com/news/showcont.asp?news_id=11588

sorry its not in english ....but look at the size of that card ...you wont be putting that into your shuttle ...i dont think this one is SLI ... but imagine it in sli .....wwwooooooowwwwwwwww and the price wwwwwoooooooowwwww

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,608 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

These dual gpu cards are already in SLI mode, unless they can divide a screen into 4, I don't think you could SLI an SLI. They don't have SLI connectors either.

Has anybody got 2 6600gt dual boards running together?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

To run the dual GPU boards the motherboard must be set to SLI mode.. So I doubt you could SLI them considering SLI is being used in 1 boards..

astrofool is correct I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

yep those babies look sweet, they are about thesame size as a full lenth pci card (like the raid cards i have), would love to see them in action with watercooling and decent ramsinks overclocked to BITS, yummy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

its huge eek.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

These can't be SLI'd. Not yet, anyway. No doubt, nVidia will sooner or later take the same approach to this as 3dfx did in their dying days; add as many cores as you want! (A never-actually-released Voodoo6 was just a load of Voodoo5 cores on a board, as far as I remember). Soon, you may be able to fill your computer with video cards, if it catches your fancy and you have more money than sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

it looks like alot of wasted pcb space on the 6800 version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

jesus christ!

it looks like it comes out another 3" after where most full height cards end!

you'd prob need a new case for it! :eek:

although if someone wanted to give me 1... ;)

Advertisement