Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Day of driving test, Pre Test?

Options
  • 22-03-2005 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

I have my test on wednesday morning 10 oclock and my dad thinks i should do a pre test before the test (8.30 or so). I have done two already the last one on saturday and the guy said that i 'should' be ok (not a guarentee obviously).
    I feel ok driving and am happy enough to just work away with the test.
    What you guys think, have any of you done the pre test before the actual test? Did it make a difference?
    Thanks
    SM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

If you're good enough you'll pass. Make sure you make it obvious you are checking your mirrors though. They are fairly obsessive about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Has anyone done the PROVISIONAL ignition AND the Full drivers test? I passed the provisional ignition and I'm wondering, if I can pass that, is the full test just the same or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

cormie wrote:
    Has anyone done the PROVISIONAL ignition AND the Full drivers test? I passed the provisional ignition and I'm wondering, if I can pass that, is the full test just the same or what?
    The Provisonal ignition is marked totally different to the actual test, passing provional ignition is an indication that you're not a total danger on the road, I wouldn't be cocky enough to say I'd pass the drivers test after it unless I got all (and I mean ALL) 1's and 2's in the ignition. That said my test isn't up for a few weks so I could be way off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,990 ✭✭✭✭Stark

My test is tomorrow morning (Wednesday) as well :(

I have a pretest lesson booked. I've been told by everyone I know who's done the test that they found the pretest lesson really relaxed them for the actual test. I know people who've totally botched their pretest lesson but did fine in the test afterwards.

By the way, does anyone know what Grade 3 faults I should be looking out for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭lilulila

I dont know the answer to the grade 3 faults question.. but just wanted to say best of luck to you both on the test. I was a nervous wreck taking mine last year and it didnt help, I passed thank god. So remember take a deep breath and just go for it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pinx

Good luck everyone for the driving tests. I've heard from friends who've done the pre-test that it's great for getting the nerves out of the way so they're more relaxed for the real thing. Very often you'll be on similar / same route as real thing, or so I've heard. Did anyone read the article in the Independent on Sunday about passing the driving test? Author was saying they'd heard of girls dressing as nurses to impress the instructor, others would borrow a baby seat to stick in the back seat, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

Pinx wrote:
    Good luck everyone for the driving tests. I've heard from friends who've done the pre-test that it's great for getting the nerves out of the way so they're more relaxed for the real thing. Very often you'll be on similar / same route as real thing, or so I've heard. Did anyone read the article in the Independent on Sunday about passing the driving test? Author was saying they'd heard of girls dressing as nurses to impress the instructor, others would borrow a baby seat to stick in the back seat, etc.
    Makes sence. If I was the instructor and she was dressed as a nurse, I don't think I'd notice if she crashed the car :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pinx

Ha - and if you can't get your hands on a nurses uniform or a baby seat, then they say that pregnant women stand a good chance of passing too, so get that football shaped cushion out!

wouldn't really work for males though, big belly = beer = danger on roads :p

could dress as a cop or a priest maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Peeps1977

i failed the test a month ago and im in again for number 2 in two weeks time!
    wiss me luck everyone i bloody need it mucho thanx

• Advertisement

How did you get a repeat so quickly :eek: I've been waiting for ages to get my test :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭jm2k

Would highly recommend a pre-test on the day of the test. I did one the day of my test, and it was by far the worst pre-test I'd done! Completely relaxed me thou, went and did the test and passed first time. :)
    Good luck to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

I did a pretest the day before and then another one two hours before my test.

Lucky I did too, found out one of my brake bulbs had blown sometime between the two, so dont forget to check all your lights incase youve to dash to the local bulb emporium ;)

I could have been going home without doing the test at all instead of a nice cert of competence :)

Failed mine anyway :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Stark wrote:
    Failed mine anyway :(

bad luck, what faults did you have?

Quite a lot actually. Don't know why I got them, wasn't given explanation or anything. Did fine in the pre-test run-through. Guess the instructor just didn't like the look of me :(

Got 3 grade 2 faults for "hazard reaction". Apparently the tester was supposed to tell me why but didn't.

A grade 2 for moving off signalling (indicated right every time). A grade 2 for overtaking signal (never overtook at any stage, except for 2 obstructions on the road, where I indicated properly).

Got a grade 3 for observation when moving off, don't know why.
    Got a grade 2 for overtaking (again, never overtook, though I did have to indicate around 2 "hazards").

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Stark wrote:
    Quite a lot actually. Don't know why I got them, wasn't given explanation or anything. Did fine in the pre-test run-through. Guess the instructor just didn't like the look of me :(

Got 3 grade 2 faults for "hazard reaction". Apparently the tester was supposed to tell me why but didn't.

A grade 2 for moving off signalling (indicated right every time). A grade 2 for overtaking signal (never overtook at any stage, except for 2 obstructions on the road, where I indicated properly).

Got a grade 3 for observation when moving off, don't know why.
    Got a grade 2 for overtaking (again, never overtook, though I did have to indicate around 2 "hazards").

They are not supposed to discuss anything with you. Simply administer the test and give your result. As far as reaction to hazard goes, that persom pulling out 150 yards up could be considered a hazard.

Advertisement