Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice One IrelandOffline

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

osmethod wrote:

I've been in Korea and the BB infrstrucure is fantastic !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

Japanese, it seems have the fattest pipes.

hehe....

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭jayneemac

yea saw this on the news lastnite. they interveiwed some dipshi*t from eircom who actually had the cheek to say that the survey was misleading & eircom offered a great value for money service.....MUPPETS :mad:

jayneemac wrote:
    yea saw this on the news lastnite. they interveiwed some dipshi*t from eircom who actually had the cheek to say that the survey was misleading & eircom offered a great value for money service.....MUPPETS :mad:

Korean White Paper on Broaband

http://www.mic.go.kr/index.jsp

http://www.mic.go.kr/index.jsp

something for the Irish Gov to aspire too !!!!!!

bedtime reading.................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

How about the line rental?
    I have no use for phone (I lived the past 2 years without one, having BB shared wirelessly from a neighbour), but I have to pay 25/month for that as well. BB now costs me almost 65/month! Thank you, eircom!

• Advertisement

JoyPad wrote:
    I have no use for phone (I lived the past 2 years without one, having BB shared wirelessly from a neighbour), but I have to pay 25/month for that as well. BB now costs me almost 65/month! Thank you, eircom!

In korea there is no line rental !!! YOU BUY YOUR LINE !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Nema

JoyPad wrote:

I have signed up and i'm very happy with what i have seen! try it youre self

BB with no Line rent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Cheaper packages are available with EsatBT and UTV, but both companies require customers to sign over phone service to avail of this so their products weren't used as it wouldn't have been comparing equal products
    In fairness, IOL don't require you to sign up for their telephony package:
    IOL wrote:
    €39 per month OR €33.15 per month with a home phone package - eircom's rate is €39.99

Still though, this kind of stuff can't be too good for potential investment, e-tailing and provision of on-demand services in this land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

For the one that's cheaper than the eircom package they do. We purposely picked packages that didn't require signing over your line. So we had the choice of using the eircom package of €39.98 or the IOL BB package of €39. 98 cents difference. However, eircom has 75% of the bb market. That's why we picked eircom's package for comparison and used that price.

Advertisement