Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Psp? What Is It?

• 22-03-2005 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

i aint done much reading up on it but know its due out at some stage and will more than likely take off when it does. what im wonderin tho is what exactly is the PSP?

is it a portable ps2 or ps1 or what? and any other features of note on it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ivylooloo

It's a portable gaming system by Sony (which you probably realize). It isn't exactly like PS1 or PS2, but somewhere in between. Most of the games out for launch are ports of PS1 games like Ape Escape, Ridge Racer, a really crappy Metal Gear Solid game that is card based strategy, and a bunch of sports games. It is also able to play movies that are released on a new type of media created by Sony. It looks pretty cool but the battery life is short and I heard it's sort of flimsy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

So it is NOT a portable Playstation1 as i heard somewhere. New games will be released on it!

Right???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

see thats what i was thinking how do people even know about the psp.
    no ads no nothing, does everyone has the net or wha !" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Last month (or the month before?) it was on the cover of nearly every tech and gaming magazine I saw in Easons.

It's not a PS1 or PS2 but a whole new console. New games will be out for it, including a new GTA. It can playback video (on special UMD discs, none out yet, or converted using a PC and put on a suitable memory stick), and MP3. It's a very nice piece of kit (I have one). It can play games wirelessly with other players with PSPs, and will be able to do that over the internet aswell.

http://www.ign.com and http://www.gamespot.com are good first places to check for info on the console and games that are coming out for it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

can't.......wait........any..........longer..........must............have..................PSP NOW

*the marketing man has sucked me in already*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

You will probably start to see a big push on advertising for it about 6 weeks or so before it launches. It is a handheld game device aswell as a portable music and video player. Its graphics engine would be comparable about that of a PS2 or better tbh aswell.

However, its not going to be launched for another few months so....
    delly wrote:
    *the marketing man has sucked me in already*

Well, the import man sucked me in...
    /me rubs PSP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The PSP is soo slick, the photo viewer is amazing, it has a great zoom feature. Once you get the converting down its so easy to put stuff onto the DUO card. You can basically put anything onto it, DVD's, AVI's, mpegs from your phone or your camera.

The games are really cool too, I think like the PS2 the games will get better as the console gets older. And sony have made it one of the most desirable items ever, everyone Ive shown it to has been blown away by it!

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Winters wrote:
    /me rubs PSP

O_o ooer Matron!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Winters wrote:
    /me rubs PSP

You've got the wrong handheld. It's the other one that you're supposed to rub....

Ok, so i have done some research on this. And now i want one. Like now!

It goes on sale here (US) on Thursday! But i do not get paid till next month :mad:

So i guess i will have to wait. Is there any good games coming out with the release? ? ? ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Wipeout, Lumines, Ridge Racer, Mercury.

You would be lucky to get one by next month. They will be in short supply for a while.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Wipeout, Lumines, Ridge Racer, Mercury.

You would be lucky to get one by next month. They will be in short supply for a while.

That is ok. After close consideration i will not have the money till next month anyway! :)
    Still excited though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

nevernev wrote:
    So i guess i will have to wait. Is there any good games coming out with the release? ? ? ?

what about pro evo? any plans for that to be released on it? id actually just spend the day at work hiding in the jacks with it!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

God reading this thread makes me want to buy 1. Tis a shame I odn't have any money and wont for another few months :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Muff Master

TOPDAWG wrote:
    what about pro evo? any plans for that to be released on it? id actually just spend the day at work hiding in the jacks with it!!

Spot on man...
    Id say you wont be the onlly one.

Advertisement