Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast Food

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

What?!?!?! KFC in Castlebar? Jebus. Galway is seriously lacking in the Burger King department. Supermacs can go and jump as can McDonalds (and any other franchise fast food place) - BK = teh win!

McDonaghs is top spot though.

Castlebarian - what about Danollas? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

any one ever had a caffolas ??????? like mc donaghs

That place is savage, Great chipper. Is Nico's still open down the bottom of Castlebar? That place was great too when I lived in Castlebar.

Salt & Pepper in salthill is great, Ive never seen a chipper as clean as that. It looks lke its brand new and it has been opened for years...

La Salsa is pretty nice too, they have a good deal on halfpounder and chips for under €5 I think?

The Curryhouse in Newcastle are a great Chinese for Delivery, I once ordered meals for 2 people and they were at the door in 9min flat. Pretty scary when you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

haha i get free food from the Kebab House.

mmm kebab house cheesy chip with donor meat and a chicken fillet burger red sauce only...

/drool

there is feck all take aways in Galway apart from chinese charcoal grill is pretty much the only good burger place.

BRING BACK MARIO'S

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

danniemcq wrote:
    haha i get free food from the Kebab House.

Oh lucky you :rolleyes:

I do always get the 3.80 meal for a euro when certain people are working in there (ie. not that bitch or the foreign 4ssholes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭castlebarian

That place is savage, Great chipper. Is Nico's still open down the bottom of Castlebar? That place was great too when I lived in Castlebar.

Salt & Pepper in salthill is great, Ive never seen a chipper as clean as that. It looks lke its brand new and it has been opened for years...

La Salsa is pretty nice too, they have a good deal on halfpounder and chips for under €5 I think?

The Curryhouse in Newcastle are a great Chinese for Delivery, I once ordered meals for 2 people and they were at the door in 9min flat. Pretty scary when you think about it.

nicos i dont know if that is stil in town but cafollas is if u ever go to cafollas get a big c its lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭castlebarian

Kharn wrote:
    What?!?!?! KFC in Castlebar? Jebus. Galway is seriously lacking in the Burger King department. Supermacs can go and jump as can McDonalds (and any other franchise fast food place) - BK = teh win!

McDonaghs is top spot though.

Castlebarian - what about Danollas? ;)

**** those franchises id have cafollas donollas or mc donaghs befor any of those franchises u are hungy 20 mins after eatin in a franchise

^^ what?

Seriously come on proper words please, are you like 12?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

ah, danolas, home of the half pounder, and the breakfast pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Speaking of Wellpark... Anyone graced Eddie Rockets with thier presence yet?

Went for a milkshake after the cinema one night... 3 quid for a piss poor small cup of gloop.... damn waiter didn't even understand English.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Fast food is bad for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Some info for you guys who love fast food:

BK:
    Whopper w/Cheese (800 cal/50 g fat)
    Double Whopper w/Cheese (1070 cal/70 g fat)
    Fish Fillet Sandwich (520 cal/30 g fat)
    Chicken Tenders; 6 Pieces (250 cal/14 g fat)
    French Fries; Large (500 cal/25 g fat)
    Croissan'wich w/ Egg & Cheese (320 cal/19 g fat)
    Chocolate Shake; Medium (790 cal/42 g fat)

McDonalds:
    Quarter Pounder w/cheese (530 cal/30 g fat)
    Big Mac (580 cal/33 g fat)
    Crispy Chicken Sandwich (550 cal/27 g fat)
    Filet-O-Fish (470 cal/26 g fat)
    Large French Fries (540 cal/26 g fat/6 g fiber)
    Chicken McNuggets, 6 pieces (250 cal/15 g fat)
    Egg McMuffin (290 cal/12 g fat)
    Sausage McMuffin w/egg (440 cal/28 g fat)
    Hash Browns, 1 serving (130 cal/8 g fat)
    Baked Apple Pie (260 cal/13 g fat)

KFC:
    Breast (460 cal/28 g fat)
    Drumstick (160 cal/10 g fat)
    Whole Wing (190 cal/12 g fat)
    Chicken Thigh (370 cal/26 g fat)
    Biscuit (190 cal/10 g fat)
    Mashed Potatoes with Gravy (120 cal/4.5 g fat)
    Potato Wedges (small size) (240 cal/12 g fat)

Pizza Hut:
    1 slice Cheese Medium Pan Pizza (280 cal/13 g fat)
    1 slice Pepperoni Medium Pan Pizza (290 cal/15 g fat)
    1 slice Supreme Medium Pan Pizza (320 cal/16 g fat)
    Stuffed Crust - 1 slice Cheese (360 cal/13 g fat)
    Personal Pan Cheese Pizza (640 cal/28 g fat)
    Personal Pan Pepperoni Pizza (680 cal/32 g fat)
    Personal Pan Supreme Pizza (760 cal/36 g fat)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Subway nutrition guide. My fav is 6" Meatballs is 510 cals, about a quarter of my daily needs. Just add lots of sallads and hot sauce. Stay away from the other sauces.

Eddie rockets burgers are excellent, swiss cheese and jalapenos yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Uh, do people actually go by calories and all that crap these days...

FS... If your gonna eat crap food, just work it off with exercise :rolleyes:

what is this exercise you speak of??? i'm one of the lucky b@stards i've got a fast metabolism eat like a horse and still only 11 stone

/dance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

if anyone ever watches the documentry about then they will never eat KFC again.

If the chickens were people then they would have been dead 10 years,had 27 kids,and worked to the age of 99

sounds like my Granny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

bet she would taste good with some KFC chicken gravy

well there was that one time we had a split roast with her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Here's the documentary about KFC...
    Really good and worth watching

http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/anderson-vid.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Went for a milkshake after the cinema one night... 3 quid for a piss poor small cup of gloop.... damn waiter didn't even understand English.

Yea I've been there twice.

The food is pretty good and the place seems spotlessly clean but it is pricey enough.A burger type thingie,chips and a drink (coke 7up etc) will cost the guts of €25 for two.The burgers I've tried were very tasty and generously sized,one order of chips would probably do between two.

Nice enough but not convinced about the value

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

Went for a milkshake after the cinema one night... 3 quid for a piss poor small cup of gloop...

Exactly the same thing happened to me, I wasn`t too impressed with the milkshake preparation of it either. They had two opened 1ltr dawn milk cartons just sitting out. He through in what was left of the 1st 1 and then some of the 2nd one in the machine. When I tried it and the 1st thing that came to my mind "why didn`t I go to supermacs".

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭FergusF

My favourite fast food in Galway - La Salsa. It is good value (tostados make a fair sized snack for 2 people), also healthier that the regular places (salad and beans in most dishes, smoothies available). They do monster burgers for those who don't like Mexican food and both their places are pretty clean and hygienic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

to you maybe but alot of people like it too and some can't afford to eat in other more formal establishments
    I don't eat in formal establishments (unless someone else is paying or I'm putting on a romantic evening *bless*).

Buy a cookbook/pick your mother's brain, buy ingredients, cook your own meals at home.
    With a little bit of planning (literally 4-5mins worth) you can have the stuff bought in advance, and most meals take maybe 30minutes to cook and serve - unless you're going all out.
    Wolf it down, fire the dishes in the dishwasher and relax.
    biko wrote:
    Thanks Tar, I think castlebarian needs to stay in school!
    Or use this http://www.textspeak.co.uk/

Ah now come on, no need to be harsh. The man spaketh the truth. Caffolla's do really good chips.
    And I already replied to Magnolia's post.

Balls.
    danniemcq wrote:
    what is this exercise you speak of??? i'm one of the lucky b@stards i've got a fast metabolism eat like a horse and still only 11 stone

/dance

Lucky freakish bastard.
    "Empty Pockets"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

danniemcq wrote:

Hahahaha... I'm not even 10 stone! Then again, I am freakishly skinny!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

danniemcq wrote:

/dance

How old are you out of intrest?

How old are you out of intrest?

i'm 20, why?
    oh wait let me guess it's gonna get me when i'm older?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

'supple'

It all goes downhill when you hit 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

FergusF wrote:
    My favourite fast food in Galway - La Salsa. It is good value (tostados make a fair sized snack for 2 people), also healthier that the regular places (salad and beans in most dishes, smoothies available). They do monster burgers for those who don't like Mexican food and both their places are pretty clean and hygienic.

Good God La Salsa is not healthy.
    Refried beans? Refried? Geddit? The salad is fried rice and lettuce. Jeez, that **** ain't good for eating non stop.

Only Mexican food from Mexico is alright.

Apparently the diet from third world countries like Mexico is so devoid of additives, as to give you a better singing voice.
    Weird.
    Mexicans and Russians can sing lower than any other country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yea I've been there twice.

The food is pretty good and the place seems spotlessly clean but it is pricey enough.A burger type thingie,chips and a drink (coke 7up etc) will cost the guts of €25 for two.The burgers I've tried were very tasty and generously sized,one order of chips would probably do between two.

I went there hungover one Saturday a few weeks back. Its pricy as **** but the place is spotless, and the portions are good. Food is great as well. The Fries aren't just regular ones, they have this absolutely lovely seasoned taste off them. :)

Worth it, if you only go about once every few months. Lovely big comfy seats as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

danniemcq wrote:
    i'm 20, why?
    oh wait let me guess it's gonna get me when i'm older?

Just because your image doesn't feel it, doesn't mean your heart doesn't!

:D

Advertisement