Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Widescreen Gaming

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Why would you want to play games on a laptop in the first place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Incase you don't own a desktop :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

SyxPak wrote:

u really have a hang up about that..

SyxPak wrote:

Actually gonna attempt to answer this for you!!!

I live in Dublin and and from up the country. Alot of my friends who are into gaming do not live in Dublin but actually live in my hometown which is about an hour travel by train. I would have no problem lugging the different pieces of my desktop if I had a car. Problem is I don't have a car.

So to get my desktop home I would have to bring it, my 18inch TFT and about 20 other bits and bobs on a ****ing train. Ever try to do that? To go to a Lan, I have the same problem.

Do you now have some sort on idea as to why a laptop may suit some of us more, whether or not we can get the same performace to euro ratio that is available with a desktop.. The laptop I am getting is costing me 2,100 euro and breaks 4,500 in 3D Mark 2005 and performs comparable with an averge desktop with a 6800 card installed. This is more than acceptable for me.

Can we move on now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

SyxPak wrote:

nothing like a bit of BF:V in the middle of comp. science lecture :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

and people wonder why students fail degrees... :)

SyxPak wrote:
    and people wonder why students fail degrees... :)

Honours degree ;)

Advertisement