Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's this karma?

Options
  • 02-08-2001 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

I tried to give someone good karma, based on helpful advice s/he had given, and was told "you are not authorised to perform this function".

Two questions occur:

* Who is?
    * Why have the button, then?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Us moderator's are allowed to give karma, as are the Admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Seems like complete ******** to me and a total waste of time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I don't think karma is a waste of time, because it will help discourage ppl from posting utter tripe, and material that could offend other users etc. I can't complain because the karma system has been fair to me so far. @ the moment I am on a negative 1 (for posting utter rubbish while under the influence, but that's another story).

If the boards did not have some sort of diciplinary system on it, it probably would make the admins job more difficult. People would be spamming all over the place and probably not making new commers very welcome etc.

Also I would have liked to award ppl with karma every so often, but if every user was allowed to do it, then the system would be rendered useless. The people who are selected Mods, are trusted amongst the Boards community and are not biased (can't be) when it comes to karma.

Anyway enough from me, I say keep the system in place and keep up the good work.

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Fand

Like, hey, man <shrug>...

my god man get some dignity,
    oh KARMA is good, do ya think people actually care???? oh negative karma mannn ohhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooo thers a little red -1 cos some twit tried to punish me.
    It is a waste of time. and for spammers etc, they probally get a kick out of how high they can get the ol negative karma, kinda compo. so go on everyone see if ya can hit -10
    betcha can't! lol

FOOLZ

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"karama can niether be created or distroyed, but merly handed out by the kosmos"</font>

aparently...

Advertisement