Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems getting broadband - Tell your story to us

• 22-03-2005 10:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

We're looking for the people who have had:

(a) extreme problems getting broadband

(b) had to wait 2 months or more for the service (compared to the promised
    delivery time of 10 days from Eircom)

(c) have ended up having to pay for broadband under a free trial offer, or
    who otherwise felt they've been misled by advertisement?

If you want to tell your story can you email: research@irelandoffline.org

Thanks.
    Damien.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

(b)Signed up on 6th December with EsatBT and got my modem in the post on 29February.
    But I must admit Eircom were reluctant to freeup the line until i was able to give EsatBT my Eircom BB cancellation code near the end of January.

(c)After starting my 2month trial with Eircom in October my November bill contained the charge of €54.70 and intsead of it being straightened out in December I got charged again!
    Sent the modem back before the end of the 2month trial and demanded back the €109.40 owed to me over a series of mabye 8 telephone conversations.
    In my now week old bill I have been returned €54.70 and expect the second €54.70 in the forthcoming bill.

There is no way in hell I was the only person Eircom decided to start charging early!!!

I'll tell a more indepth story once Eircom return all the monies owed to me...which wont be for a couple of weeks yet!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i ordered broadband from iol on the 19th of november. we were told it would take 20 working days. 1 month later, i sent an email asking what was going, but i got no reply. then after christmas, we got a letter, saying that we had recieved the modem, and broadband went active on the 9th of december...

so after 5 more emails, my dad rang them up and said if it wasnt installed by next wednesday(7 of march) he'd cancel the phone/broadband etc...

so they finally sent out the modem, and it was only 3 months late. but who cares. i'll have a 2meg line soon. oh ya.

Advertisement