Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a free property valuation

Options
  • 22-03-2005 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

I want to try to get a free property valuation for the purposes of getting a new mortgage. Will an estate agent do this for free and give me something on paper that a bank will accept as a formal valuation ? I have no intention of selling the property but could allude to this with the estate agent if necessary. Obviously I dont want to sign anything saying I'm selling.

Any thoughts most welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Banks have formal documents with regards to valuations and a piece of Auctioneers headed paper with an amount on it won't suffice. Auctioneers will give free valuations but thats usually pre-sale valuations. And any sort of formal valuation for a bank will cost you €100+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

Of course, if you are switching banks the new bank might take care of the valuation fee to secure your business. Worth giving them a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Nothing on paper is free.

€100 please.

Advertisement