Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rumour that sponsors have pulled out of Liverpool FC??

• 22-03-2005 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering has anybody heard about this ?
    Sponsors pull out - (INS)

I do not have access to INSIDER (would help if I actually paid the subscription...but that is another story!!

Does anyone have anymore infor on this ?

--laoisfan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

anyone got any info on this ?

--laoisfan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Koptalk is the biggest load of horse **** on the internet. The guy running it is a greedy money grabing slimeball who cares nothing for the club and everything for his pocket. Check out www.kraptalk.com for the real scoop on that ****e.

Anyway it was pretty common knowledge a couple of months back that Carlsberg are not expected to renew their sponsorship deal and that LG Electronics are the favourites to replace them. Now, if only I could charge people £20 for that info and some half-baked rumours from some old pisshead down the pub, I could set up my own Koptalk.

cheers

--laoisfan

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

LG? Bah. Carlsberg has been sponsor of LFC for many many years. I suppose we can be thankful that it's not another telecom's company like Arsenal's O2 and MUFC's Vodafone.

Imagine Orange being the sponsor! Of course that wouldnt work too well on a red jersey. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

Current rumour is that it is between LG and Siemens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

I dont agree with you there mate.

Im part of the insider, I have got tickets, mates and lots of good info from the website.

Its well worth the cash, its only 15 odd Euro and if you consider thats about 4 cent per day for all your Liverpool news in one place before you even start looking at the inside information.

I cant tell you of rumours that are ongoing but the Benitez and Xabi Alonso transfers where broken there first weeks before they happend aswell as lots of juicy info on the L4 Investment.

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Would a new shirt sponsor possibly be tied with a possible deal for the naming rights of the new stadium?

Parry did say recently that he would consider doing a deal similar to Arsenal's...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

The Siemen Stadium. I hope not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

The Siemen Stadium. I hope not
    LOL - we could get the former Arsenal great, David to open it for us :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

The LG thing was mentioned a while back alright, but i personally dont think it would look well on the jersey:

20040902093121577_3.jpg

wrong colour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

First I've heard of it, will be a shame to lose Carlsberg.
    Anyone noticed that through recent years most Liverpool sponsors have began with the letter C.

/insert sesame street joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Sure if you manage it right, a named stadium isn't that bad once everyone refers to it as New Anfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

PHB wrote:
    Sure if you manage it right, a named stadium isn't that bad once everyone refers to it as New Anfield

Agreed, few million is a few million...

Advertisement