Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best indie band you've seen live?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭pseudonym

radiohead. the point, 4th december 2003.
    ****in mindblowingly good.
    was in a great mood for about a week after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

RATM at Reading in 96 and Manchester in 97.(not sure theyre indie)
    Manics all 15 times(+1 JDB solo)
    Polly and Muse in Nimes 2001
    Ultrasound in Sheffield cant remember when.
    Radiohead every single ****in time

Loads more
    where did you see jdb solo??? i am so freaking jealous and of the 15 manics gigs too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

oh and any sylvia saint gig especially new years this year!what a hoot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

/dons flame-proof underwear...

The Frames at marley last august...

/dives on the ground, hands over head screaming "DUCK AND COVER!!! DUCK AND COVER!!!"

Q_Ball wrote:
    /dons flame-proof underwear...

The Frames at marley last august...

/dives on the ground, hands over head screaming "DUCK AND COVER!!! DUCK AND COVER!!!"
    :D /dons airplane captain voice, "Welcome to the elitist forum" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Smog or (Smog) as he's calling himself now in the Roisin Dubh, Galway Nov 2001 - absolutely brilliant - support was from Goodtime John.

Close seconds are:

Sigur Ros - Ambassador Oct(?) 2002
    Godspeed You Black Emperor - Ambassador Mar (?) 2002
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Olympia 2000(?)
    Sonic Youth - Olympia July '98 (?)

Man my memory for dates is so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

Have to say that the best Indie band that I have seen live (as far as I can remember) was Sons & Daughters in Whelans at some point in 2004. Imagine my disappointment when I picked up their album after the gig and it was less than 24 minutes long :(

Still, that gig rocked. Apart from that, I really enjoyed the Babyshambles in the Village in 2004 (and yes, everything that could ever be said about Pete Doherty has already been said, so don't bother :p).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Acerferrari3200

Fav - Jeff Buckley - Whelans -- The frames in support.. (They where good , but I was not ready for what was to follow !)

I had not listened to him before the gig, just seen one video on no disco ( RTE bring it Back ) .....,, He opened with Mojo Pin ,,,and from that moment on I was gone to another place...it still makes the hair on my neck stand up when I replay the gig in the IPOD of my mind. ...Have to say I did cry when I found out he died ...was to be one of the greats.

Others that come to Mind just now

REM - RDS -Green Tour
    The Cure - RDS - The Point
    Oasis - Tivoli Theatre ....just before first album.
    Suede - Tivoli Theatre.(Best venue before vicar street ...some great gigs in its early days)
    David Bowie - The point last tour 3 1/2 hours !
    Prince - every Irish Show
    Underworld ...Red Box
    Sigur Ros - Temple

Jazz .
    David Holland - Vicar Street
    Jimmy Smith RIP ...RDS
    Esbjorn Svensson Trio - Vicar Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭irishraven

Best gig ever was probably John Mayer in Whelan Feb 2003 although David Gray in Boston 2000 was pretty amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭JMArr

Just want to say to those who have seen the Smiths live ...quote from the prisoner in Life of Brian ....you lucky lucky lucky b*stards !

I would say " these Charming Men" in tbmc April 1st 2005![ joke ]but very good
    Blues Explosion in the tivoli were pretty awesome ..but not the best
    likewise Killers in the Olympia was memorable for the atmosphere ...

For me its probably Beck live at Witness a few years back just after midnite vultures came out ..played with a full backing band ..horns etc ..blew me away..one talented dude and an amazing show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

The Stone Roses at the Feile in Cork in 1995. Not the original line up as Reni had left but still excellent.

Browns voice wasnt the best for the first four songs but then the second four songs came out so good they put them on an EP.

Advertisement