Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frame sizes

Options
  • 23-07-2001 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

OK so maybe this is a stupid question and maybe I should have gotten more sleep last night but I'll ask it anyway:

My site uses frames (don't bother having a look at it right now I managed to loose some pages while editing it. The server's acting up and I need to give it a good kicking!) and the frame at the side (for navigating the site) is set to around 12%. The problem is that the actual size of the frame varies according to screen size and resolution. I was just wondering if there is anyway to make it so the navigation frame will always be just big enough to fit in the items (text/links) in it i.e. it will vary according to the screen size to only just fit in the items and not take up more space.

Any ideas?

John (yes THE John!)
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

Obviously if it's a percentage of the screen size it's going to vary from resolution to resolution. Just set the width to a number of pixels; i.e. leave out the % sign.

-Ross

When I was young my mother told me not to look into the sun; so once, when I was six, I did...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Thanks I'll see how it goes!
    John (yes THE John!)
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

[This message has been edited by Puck (edited 23-07-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Slap on the noresize property too (no values taken).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Thaks guys that did the trick lovely! biggrin.gif

John (yes THE John!)

Advertisement