Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Root Files of a website / server

Options
  • 22-03-2005 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

Is there a way through any web browser where you can view all the files and folders listed on the site? Or at least in the same folder as the index.html? I need this to get some notes for exams but he hasn't listed the notes, only tutorial by tutorial and taken down the links...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

doubt it unless you access the fiolder the stuff is in,
    ie, remove the index,html and see if it shows the folder.

try some site rippers but i dont think they can view files that wa either.

did everyone in your class not get the notes either????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Simple way:
    Remove your index.html or turn off the default page and turn on Directory Browsing

Apache:
    http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_dir.html

Complicatedish - write a perl script or similar to traverse the FS and echo the files back to the browser.

/EDIT that would of course imply you had access to the website - sorry misread the question :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

many sites dont list files like that tho.
    you end up with just a warning page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

the lecturer is a bit of an asshole tbh and the rest don't have them. The best I can get is a list of about 10 of them without painfully going through it date by date since start of college year. Fun :) cheers for help lads. I don't have access to it. Its on his web server somewhere, I just want to access them in some shape or form.

Advertisement