Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Download query

• 22-03-2005 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

I know I have 30 gb download cap, but how do I check how much we've used ?

Sweet !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

You need something like DUMeter which will keep a track of how much you download and upload.

NTL don't enforce the 1GB a day cap so download as much as you want! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Someone else is buying them out so there is no chance of them bothering to enforce it for the moment.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Is it possible to limit programs download speed & upload speed with du meter?

No, it only shows you the stats. Very handy for checking that you don't go over the caps. December was spent mostly drinking.

dumeter.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

MickFarr wrote:
    No, it only shows you the stats. Very handy for checking that you don't go over the caps. December was spent mostly drinking.

dumeter.jpg

Jasus Mick !!!that a disgrace!!!! ;-) must be a contender for downloader of the year !!!

• Advertisement

I was testing there download policy to find out for other NTL user's if they enforced their caps. So far my research is going well and the results of my findings are

No it's not enforced

MickFarr wrote:
    I was testing there download policy to find out for other NTL user's if they enforced their caps. So far my research is going well and the results of my findings are

No it's not enforced

Mick in all fairness........... you must run your PC 24/7? thanks for the research, looking forward to the 12 month mark !!

;-)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

MickFarr wrote:

dumeter.jpg

You would be a great test case for Smart's fair usage policy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Beats

Cheers for the link to DU Meter Mick. :cool: Have it up and working. What the hell are you downloading to post these impressive figures ? New to broadband at home so wondering what's out there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

MickFarr wrote:

No it's not enforced

good work. :D

sweet and sour jesus look at january! way to beat the winter blues. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Mick - whatever about the download rates, but those upload rates are amazing, with 256 kbps upstream.

60.25 GB in February :eek:
    For 256kbps the max possible upload for Feb is 77.41GB (= (256000*60*60*24*28)/8)

causal
    The MoDem Giveth and the Modem Taketh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Haha! Ya must be running a Bittorrent server or something to get those kind of figures :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Lenny wrote:
    Is it possible to limit programs download speed & upload speed with du meter?

Netlimiter allows you to throttle individual applications. It does have some issues with zonealarm if you're running that, but if you're not then it's worth a try.

Mick: I was still a bit apprehensive about how much I was downloading (30-40GB per month), but after seeing your stats I'm a lot happier. Well done on the research, I hope you got funding!! :)

dub45 wrote:
    You would be a great test case for Smart's fair usage policy :)

I'm sure there will be plenty of Smart user's testing the download/up limits. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭smileyrecords

must be a contender for downloader of the year !!!
    that would be me, its a bit of an exponential curve

report.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

From what I can see, Mick shares nearly as much as he downloads on bittorrent while smiley just leeches and put's nothing back into the community! ;(

i dont use bottorent boy, infact i dont use any p2p prog, they simply dont work here due to firewall

i dont use bottorent boy, infact i dont use any p2p prog, they simply dont work here due to firewall

open your ports on the firewall ! ;-) and let the light in !!

if i could i would! and them figures would be MUCH higher, but.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭roryodonnell

if i could i would! and them figures would be MUCH higher, but.....

We need more filesharers like Mick :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

My penis is bigger than everyone elses.

So there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement