Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the unexpected lyon's thread.

• 22-03-2005 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

well, i would like to know how do you rate olympique lyonnais team. and how far do see them go in the cl.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Saw them play when i was in france last year, told my bro when the group stage draw wasa made to put a fiver on them, think they were around 66 to 1, still think they'll make the final at least, and they almost have their 4th french league in a row wrapped up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Wont win it.....sure Utd drew with them at home and won at Old Trafford(Correct? cant remember Old Trafford game).......when up against the big teams they will fail.....Id say they will win the next round to get to Semi but will lose then!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

i think they have been excellent against manchester, they had 10mn of lack of concentration which cost them the lost in oldtraford.

i would say that they learnt a lot, they will not make again this mistake.

if we can go far enough, it would be a pleasure to beat chelsea. we have a revenge to take against mourinho, i can't stand this guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

In fairness teams can do very well in the Champions league because of the draw. There is no seeding in the latter stages and if you get out of your group you could nearly end up in the semis or even final due to the bigger clubs taking each other out.

Lyon are doing very well in the french league but its not one of the best leagues in Europe. I cant see Lyon going all the way. Last year was a once off, I expect the bigger teams to make the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Definately over-rated, can see them possibly making the semis but then I would imagine they would be eliminated easily enough.

Scored lots of goals in the groups, but then again they had two whipping boys in the group (granted Fenerbache can be tough at home, but are a push over when away). Did well to put three past Bremen, but the second game was a total non contest so I wouldnt read anything into them scoring seven.

I could even see PSV eliminate them to be honest. Having said that, credit where its due, any team in the last eight of the CL can hardly be that bad.

well, it's what i thought. my team is underrated.

Advertisement