Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McCartney Sisters and Fiance

Options
  • 22-03-2005 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

First off - I don't want in any way to undermine these brave women and their fight for justice, but has anyone noticed how since the American dimension has been added to the campaign his partner has become his fiance? Perhaps Ms Hagan was engaged to him, but the term fiance wasn't applied for the first few weeks, and to a conservative Irish-American Catholic audience an engaged woman who has lost her fiance sounds better than an unmarried mother.

I don't want to give fuel to the Sinn Fein argument of manipulation, but has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

wife

fiancee

there is confusion over her status obviously. You've provided no links or any substance for debate.

Both of the links I've provided are british and predate the US visit. I'm locking this thread because I'm not convinced it will lead to anything. PM me if you have something substantive to say on this topic and I'll review my decision.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement