Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT4 Which cars have you got?

Options
  • 22-03-2005 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    I have only been playing this game for a couple of days and have a few cars below. question is what do you have ?????

Delorean DMC upgraded to 450BHP approx (My fave car to date)
    BMW M3 upgraded to 475BHP approx (Fantastic to hurl around tight twisty tracks)
    BMW M3 GTR stock
    Nike 2022 stock (bloddy nosie from this when driving it?!?!)
    Toyota Raid Rally car, Stock
    A little Alfa i can not remember the name of.

about 250,000cr in the bank

over to you? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

cant think of them off the top off my head but

how does one acquire the nike concept car, i hear so much about it but only want to drive it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I started with a second hand lancer, made a little bit of money and sold it to buy a Peugeot 106. Won lots of championships with that before buying a TVR V8S second hand, enjoyed that car a lot, won a few more championships before moving on to a Ford GT, which won me some bigger championships and a Chevrolet Camaro LM which I then raced for a while. Then I bought a Mercedes SL(can't remember which one, the most expensive convertible) which won me a Merc CLK DTM car, which in turn won me a Merc CLK Le Mans car. I've won lots of other cars over the course of the game but that's my main list of cars that I've really driven, there's one or two others that I got just for Lightweight Championships or whatever.

Currently very very stuck on the final Professional championship, I can compete with the other cars fine in my Mercedes CLK, but tyre wear just kills me at the moment, and super hard tyres slow me down too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Hi
    I think i completed the first set of driving missions to get the Nike 2022 car. not 100% on that though.

next target for me is to get a Aston Martin DB9.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Are you able to get the Zonda or an M5 in GT4?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

you can buy M5 when the dosh is there 135,000 i think,
    i think the zonda is a trophy car, could be wrong through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

4.5% into teh game, I was able to port 100,000 from GT3 and had the first 2 licences imported from GT4: prolougue. So i had bit of a head start cash wise :D

first car Subaru Impreza Spec C
    (put most of the 100,000 into this car already-have it up to abour 550hp already!)
    only bought one car so far^^^
    rest ive won
    VVVVVVVV
    DeLorean S2
    Nike Car
    Autobiniachi <? italian thing (looks like an Alfasud! )
    Mazda Rx8 concept
    Subaru Impraza JTGC car

got about 8000 left

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Mossy Monk wrote:
    cant think of them off the top off my head but

how does one acquire the nike concept car, i hear so much about it but only want to drive it
    i think i got it from one of the licenses, or one of the "beginner" championships

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

My current car is a modified '94 skyline - Nismo something-or-other, with a big wad of money spent to get it up to 450bhp. I'm nearly broke.

also have in the garage:
    '91 honda prelude, ~260bhp
    Nike 2022, stock
    '67 skyline, stock
    Mazda 6 concept, stock
    Pontiac somethingorother (think i got it from one of the licence tests), stock
    I think I'm forgetting something else as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

My main car is an NSX running at 299bhp, bought second hand. It really is impossible to get it even close to spinning out even when its on the limit, I honsetly think its the most well balanced car in the series when it comes to handling.
    But my favourate car is my little monster of an autobainchi, top speed of 163mph with 120 bhp (with nos) I just cant wait to get the 40g needed to take it to 200bhp Theres nothing as fun as thrashing it around that little italian village!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

the cars i've mainly used since starting are:
    Mazda Kusabi (won from B licence)
    used Honda Civic SiR-II '92 (bought from historic showroom)
    Mugen Motul Civic Si Race Car '87 (won from Civic model challenge)
    used Mazda mx-5 '89 (bought from historic showroom)

And after i won the Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car in the 2nd easy rally in the special conditions hall (using the motul civic), i used that car to win itself a few more times in the same rally. You can sell it for cr265,000, so it's a real quick earner :D

I've got 18 cars total, but haven't driven all of them. The Mitsubishi HSR-II is amazing :D It's not even that good a racer, but the huge flaps and extending front wings are crazy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Honda Civic

And em 4,400 cr.

LOL. I have a polo too i think

My main car is an NSX running at 299bhp

I honsetly think its the most well balanced car in the series when it comes to handling.

What year and exact model? I found the NSX (various models) to be a little understeery, but what a sweet power band :) Even if the stock gearing is horrible . What's your best lap on tsukuba (my test track of choice)?

If you want even better balance, try out the RUF 3400S (boxster). I know they're not entirely in the same class, but NYOM :D It's a touch on the understeery side, but not as much as the NSX. Then there's the lotus elise, which is just on the oversteery side of neutral (and thus suits my driving style a little better). it, too, is awesome, and huge fun, and again, in a totally different class :) Although the boxster is over 100HP the good of it, and even has a slightly better power/weight ratio, i put better laps on tsukuba with the stock elise. fantastic car :)
    The esprit is good too, but even more oversteery than the elise.

I am, of course, talking about stock on all the above. what mods/settings have you added to your nsx?

Try the cars mentioned and see how ya like em :)

edit: btw, i set driving aids at 4,4,2 for all cars because i'm using a joypad :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I've about two pages of cars in my garage. An awful lot of concept crap worth nothing to sell off but my favs so far are a subaru that i bought 2nd hand and done it up to the max. The Mazda touring car is quite good. The Toyota Rally raid car is the dogs. And I just won the Renault 5 turbo rally car(ah the good aul days.)I've found the special conditions part of the game easy to make quick cash and win some good cars. Also just got my I.A. liecence,blown away by the final test with the La Mans car and track. WHOOOO that's some crazy speed.

Mossy don't get to wound up about the NIke concept car it's not all its made out to be.And yes the noise of the stupid thing :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Interesting to see a car a own is in the game. Must buy one and max it out :D:D (its only the Seat Ibiza)
    BAck to the game..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

thebeast.JPG
    Isn't she a brute, rear drive and a sinch at only 5000 credits

Others:
    Chevy Silverado SST Concept 667hp pickup truck and viper beater
    Honda Beat 116hp, I won the beginners convertable challenge in this
    Honda MR2 1600 G-Limited SC '86 214hp I won the beginners MR round in this
    TVR T350C 462hp yet to be used
    Subaru Impreza Wrx '94 494 hp, I started with this, won the beginners 4wd and subaru rounds
    The Nike..l..what's the point in selling these ?!
    Pug 106 Rallye 184hp won the beginners FF
    Nissan Fairlady Concept 902hp, rear wheel drive, the wheels spin up when the turbo comes in 5th gear
    Nissan 300zx '89 (this is how I got the above)
    Ginetta G4
    Chrysler Prowler, I won this from the roadster challenge I think
    A couple of Mazda 6 concepts
    Pontiac Sunfire GXP Consept
    Nothing else worth talking about

Interesting to see a car a own is in the game. Must buy one and max it out :D:D (its only the Seat Ibiza)
    BAck to the game..... ;)

I love getting cars that i've owned, and taking them out for a spin, then suping them up real good ;)
    I had great craic with the daihatsu domino (my mum's car that i used to drive) in GT2, but haven't found one for sale yet in the used dealers of GT4 :(

And the citroen xsara is mechanically similar to the old ZX, even if my dad's ZX is actually a diesel estate :/

I now own a Hyundai Accent, but the only one in the game is a full blown rally monster! not exactly the same car ;)

I've always wanted the GT series to concentrate more on normal road cars and have less of the ridiculous number of race variations of the damn skyline :/ And how many people really care whether they're driving a Castrol Mugen NSX or a Loctite Mugen NSX? :rolleyes:

I'm not a fan of the skyline either, it's a bit heavy. What do I have to win to drive the famous Delorean

MISSION HALL:

Mission 1-10 : DMC DeLorean S2 '04

Piece of crap, imho :)

thanx

edit, just got it

Balfa wrote:
    Piece of crap, imho :)

I take that back. I've put a little more time into it now, and it's actually really good. It handles rather oddly. As soon as you get on the power, the nose shoots wide, but then very quickly pulls back in again quickly if you keep the power down. Once I realised that, i've had a great time with it :) Coming out of every corner, i shut my eyes and think i'm going to understeer off the track, but the thing is so reliable it never lets me down and when i open my eyes again i'm zipping down the straight, no worries :)
    It'll understeer on fast corners, but that's nowhere to be seen on slow corners, which is great. You enter a hairpin and before you know it, you're looking down the next straight. It's a soft, forgiving car, and yet it's lively fun at the same time.

The stock gearing is its worst vice. I slapped the super-close six-speed on it, and it put in quality times at tsukuba. I'm wary about putting any unremovable mods on it, though, because it's one of the win-once cars :( I have trouble finding a combination of power mods that will put it at my preferred power/weight ratio of .22 without pulling out the upholstery :(
    But i smacked a turbo (ick) on it and with over 300hp it positively flies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Whats a good car to start on with the 10 grand at the start? I tried a second hand MR2 and its bollocks!

I'm tempted to restart and buy some 3 tonne high horsepower heap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

dont blame the car, i started with a civic sir and thought about restarting too, just learn to drive in the game better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

TVR cerbera speed 12, supercharger 1100+ horsepower, c270mph top speed:eek:

Doesn't do corners though.
    Whats a good car to start on with the 10 grand at the start?

second hand lancer should do you for a while, with some tuning they are very quick.

Whats a good car to start on with the 10 grand at the start? I tried a second hand MR2 and its bollocks!

I'm tempted to restart and buy some 3 tonne high horsepower heap.

Meh. Civic and MX-5 are two of the best to start with. I can't imagine an MR2 would be much worse, though! The Sunfire GXP you get from bronze in A licence is also a good starting point, it's got bags of power and it's free :D

The important thing is to make best use of your money at the start. Racing chip is best bang for buck. Also weight reduction stage 1 and a wing. It depends on the car what else helps. Some cars benefit greatly from transmission upgrades, others don't do so well. Tyres are king, but they're expensive. After completing a few things in the civic or mx-5, you'll have unlocked enough prize cars to keep you snowballing from there.

1. What are A-spec points for?

2. I can't find the pages of background text on the cars that I read in GT2. Are they not in this game??

3. Why are there so many different power ratings for the same car?
    My Daihatsu Mira has 58HP on the garage list and the tuning screen, 57HP on the garage screen for that car, and 63HP at the top of the race menu screen and during replays. :confused:

Did the b licence then used the money i got from selling the lupo to buy a chevy camaro.

BOOYA!

Did the b licence then used the money i got from selling the lupo to buy a chevy camaro.

You do know that the game throws similarly powered opposition at you regardless of how much power your car has, right? 1.5 tonnes is an awful lot of car to slow down and waggle through a quick left-right chicane :)

well i did manage to burn all the opposition i had in the sunday cup....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Balfa

1. What are A-spec points for?
    U dont get anything for them its just to show how good a driver u are, ie u get loads of Aspec points if u do a race with a near stock car , maybe with less HP than the cars your racing. Enter a car in a race with 2/300hp more than your competition and u get 1 aSpec point. Adding wings and Racing tires gives you aspec points a battering (u can see how many points your reacing for at teh start of teh race.)

2. I can't find the pages of background text on the cars that I read in GT2. Are they not in this game??
    If you click the single white page when u change cars u get all the(available) stats on the car, also info on the ticker tape running below the car (press L3(might be R3)) to freeze the ticker. :)

3. Why are there so many different power ratings for the same car?
    My Daihatsu Mira has 58HP on the garage list and the tuning screen, 57HP on the garage screen for that car, and 63HP at the top of the race menu screen and during replays

yeah noticed this well same problem with GT3 at least u can change the units into whatever u like Me > MPH and HP (Kph me ARSE!) :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

Hey, balfa
    The NSX is a 91 acura I got for about 24g with fully customised transmission, suspension, lightweight flywheel, tripple plate clutch, level 3 weight reduction, and a rear wing...well everything is fully upgraded, apart from the engine-which just has a racing chip and something else I cant remember.
    The best NSX (my 522bhp pride and joy in Gt3 is the type zero)
    Another car that I found infallible was an S4, fully modded, with 601 bhp and a 10/90 power ratio going to the front/rear wheels.
    As for understeer, I run without any driver aids (also with a pad) and I find that that really is the only way to drive the NSX, then when you feel youre understeering, a quick blip to the throttle will bring you right back in.

• Advertisement

Ello, Do cars devalue much when they are used i.e. whats the difference between the money you get when you sell a car with 0 miles on the clock and a few miles on the clock

Advertisement