Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free website help required

Options
  • 01-08-2001 1:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

If he's running on Linux with access to MySQL/PHP, tell him give me a shout @ storageNOSPAM@iewebs.com (remove the NOSPAM).

adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

First thing he should find out is what server side technologies are open to him - he has to find out from the hosting company what he can use or can't.

The server appears to be Apache/1.3.4 with FrontPage extensions, running on Linux. From this he may be able to most commonly use PHP/MySQL, CGI, server-side HTML - but as I said this depends on his hosting package.

In short - will his host allow server side scripting/databases and, if so, which are available to him?

"Just because I'm evil doesn't mean I'm not nice." - Charlie Fulton

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

A good friend of mine owns the site:

www.speedtraps.ie.nu

and he needs a bit of help, what he wants to do is add a database/script or something to the site so that if people want to add a speed-trap to the list they just fill in a form for the relevant county page rather than emailing it in and him manually adding it.

He can't pay but tells me that full credit would be given and a free banner ad would be on offer.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Thanks dahamsta,

I have passed on your E-mail address and he will be in touch.

Advertisement