Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash beginner confusion

Options
  • 22-03-2005 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I'm something of a novice when it comes to flash and i'd apreciate any help as I seem to have hit a dead end in my attempts to create a drop down menu.

I've gotten it couched inside a moveclip with the two open/closed states working fine and the invisible buttons surrounding the open state to close on rollover working alright, my only problem is attaching action scripting to the open state buttons. I'm trying to attach action script to change the frame from the one that the drop menus is located on, ie:

"on (release) {gotoAndStop(15);

}" (i've also tried "{gotoAndStop("scene1",15))

Is there some method i'm missing to force the "goto" command to affect the original "scene 1" timeline the drop menu/movie clip is based in rather than the mini timeline inside the movieclip itself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Try this:
    on(release){
    	tellTarget(_parent){
    		gotoAndStop(15);
    	}
    }

This will only work if the button it's applied to is one level below the main timeline, i.e. in a movieclip which is on the main timeline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ediz

Aha perfect! Had exactly the desired result, much apreciated you've likely saved me untold time blundering through the help menu. :)

Advertisement