Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation anyone ?

Options
  • 03-08-2001 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭

I'm about to use photoshop and dreamweaver in work and would like to know if any of you liked it and what's good/bad about it. Any help appreciated smile.gif

That island has freedom written all over it" Sir, that's Cuba. [url="HTTP://WWW.thesimpsons.com"]look at that smithers!![/url]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

In my experience, nothing beats photoshop.

I dislike dreamweaver, I just use a text editor. Dreamweaver might be useful if you're working to a deadline, but I'd still probably go with a text eitor - cleaner code.

It's really up to you for what editor you use, but photoshop really, REALLY is the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Huh...?

Personally I always use Dreamweaver (version 4) and it produces nice clean code in my experience, - although I always use a text editor as well,... of course smile.gif...

Bard
    G'wan... giz a click

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Graphic Edititors may beef the code up, but not enough to waste your time hardcoding a webpage.
    Dreamweaver has far many pro's to care about con's.
    smile.gif

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 The Pinky

Photoshop 6 whoops ass off every other graphic app out there. Learn it and what you yield from it will surpass yourself. As for dreamweaver, if you want a quiick page made up in a few secs without worying bout tags, use it. I find the upload utililty very useful when updating a site also. The only drawback is when there's a bug and you look at the code and golly gosh... half of it is jargon.. not to worry though. Still the best WYSIWYG out there

Narf!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

I like Dreamweaver 4 a lot, although I haven't used it for very long. I used to use Notepad so I didn't think I would like it, but you can work in pure code view, code and design view or design view and quickly switch between these set ups while making your page which is quite handy. So depending on your preference, you can see lots of code or none.

Occasionally, it does strange things with spacing etc and I have to edit the code directly myself but it does produce clean code so it's easy to edit.

I love the library where you can store bits you use repeatedly in your pages. Then when you want to change that bit, you just change it in the library and everywhere you use it is updated automatically.

Similarly with templates, you can make the basic design of your site, then create your individual pages from this template. If you need to alter the design, just change the template and the whole site gets changed - which saves a huge amount of time if you work with large sites.

It also has great find and replace features that mean you can change text or links sitewide without messing your whole site up.

It also makes inserting rollover graphics etc a doddle.

I still use Notepad for making quick changes but when you are working on anything other than tiny static sites, I feel Dreamweaver is the way to go. I think site management is its main attraction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement