Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP.NET+/VB.NET programmer needed

Options
  • 22-03-2005 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hello,
    I'm atempting to learn ASP.NET. So far I've spent most of my time reading online tutorials and application examples however I'm not getting all that far. I'm looking for someone to bounce some questions off. Alternatively, If there's someone with some time on their hands in the Dublin/Drogheda areas who'd like to earn some extra cash I'm also looking for someone to meet with to go over some examples.

Oh, I'm also looking for a good E-book on ASP+VB.NET can any one suggest one? A lot of the reviews I've read out there put me off as they speak about mistakes in code examples and poor content.

All help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Hi, do you have any programming experience? If your a complete newbie invest in one of the dummies guide books. That's teach you the basics of programming with are pretty much universal to all programming languages/paradigms.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

If your having a particular problem then post it up here and myself or some of the other guys can give you a hand.

I found Sams ASP.Net Unleashed a very good book if your new to asp.net.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I'll second for that book. Its very good and covers a lot of areas. Also offers C# code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Darragh-o-h

Thanks. Sorry, I probably should have gave more background. I've some experience with VB 6, JavaScript, VBScript, ASP and SQL.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Sams is a great book, have used it and found it very good. Also the Dummies ones I have used for other languages but not .NET but I found good.
    The In A NutShell books are also good,
    Where are you based, I have a CD somewhere (somewhere been the word) that I had about 2 year ago when I was learining ASP.NET and it had about 50 odd Ebooks, I could meet you and give you a copy? I am based in Mayo so chances are you are not down here!!

• Advertisement

thanks, I'm actually in alternating between Dublin and Drogheda at the moment.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Umm, soz then, If I had broadband I got get them to you if u had a gmail account but a with a crap dial up then no dice!
    I got a lot of them from using Kazza and did a search for .NET when I was in Belfast and had a lovely 1mb download! You could try that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Hello again,
    If any of you have a few minutes to spare between 8.30Am and 6PM from Monday to Friday my MSN name is darragh@digytek.com ... I've found a few books that I'm reading at the moment but would appreciate someone to bounce a few questions off as I'm going through them.

Thanks again for the responses.

Advertisement