Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lámhchleasaíocht(juggling) i coláiste eoin

Options
  • 22-03-2005 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Hi, i'm in the process of starting a juggling club(or society if you want to avoid the double meaning) and i was just wondering if anyone here has any advice or would like to supply they're services. Our first meeting will probably be on tuesday april 26th because io have work experience till the 22nd:( . Would anyone here like to join? i'm pretty sure you could still come even if you didn't go to coláiste eoin(near stillorgan) but you might not be able to make it on time, i don't know, the meeting would be hapopening on the stage of the hall from 3:30 to 4:30 approximately. Would anyone here be willing to come down some time to give us a workshop? Anyone got advice as regards founding the club in general? i've already got the stasge booked(not as in money but as in asking the principal) and i've got posters ready to put up around the school, i plan on taking orders from anyone who wants to get some quality equipment and ordering it off beard for them all so we save on shipping, although i doubt there will be much demand until the club really gets going.

any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

What sort of standard are the people in the club?
    I taught juggling in a drama school for two summers (basic skills to kids mainly)
    Might be interested in helping out, although I would not be able to go along at the time you mention.
    Check the videos linked in my sig to see my own standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

sorry if i didn't make this clear but there is no club as of yet, i'll tell you they're level after the first meeting but as of yet i still don't have a clue how many and of what level have interest in the club. It wouldn't be much of a problem to arrange a different time/date for you to help out on. Thanks

In the videos in your sig, are those stage balls? and where did you get them?

Ok guys, i actually pulled it off, coláiste eoin now has a "cumann lámchleasaiochta". I'm really happy with that on its own, but, the school has even paid for some equipment, it should arrive tomorrow (please!).

Oh, and we've decided to meet on a friday as well, from 1-2:30, if thats of any significance to any of you....

There's around 12 of us and we can all do the three ball cascade with varying degrees of competence and extra tricks, that said, i suppose thats not that far off of complete beginners.... Ohh well, we're having fun.

I'll try and get everyone to come along this sunday. Should be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Stephenm

Congrats on getting the club up and running.

You should check out this 3 ball tutorial video if you can:

http://www.shankypants.co.uk/circus/final.mpg

Its a very large file (135mb 13minutes), but excellent video for beginners, lots of tricks to keep you going and they're all broken down nicely...

Stephen.

cool video, thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement