Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XML Parser for Apache

Options
  • 07-08-2001 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

Hi
    i need to get an xml parser for Apache running on solaris 2.8.

i've been told that it has to be Apache Xerces which is from http://xml.apache.org/ .

fine i hear you say, but the choice there is huge.
    Either in C++, Java or Perl.

ideas, comments?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Xerces is an XML parser. Cocoon is an XSL engine/application server (that actually uses Xerces, afaik) and SOAP is an XML based protocol (with implementations by various vendors on various platforms). All three are quite different creatures.

There are various XML parsers out there and Xerces is considered to be one of the better ones (if not the best).

"Just because I'm evil doesn't mean I'm not nice." - Charlie Fulton

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I've never used it meself now, but if I was you I'd go for Cocoon (Java), it's the most mature of the Apache XML projects. Failing that, go for SOAP.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

I've used Xerces Java a fair bit, it's really good. Go with the one you know best.
    As for XSL parseing go for Xalan. Really nice.

Enygma

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Ah well, you learn something new every day. I still say Cocoon is mature. Look at how mature they all were in the movie! smile.gif

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:
    Ah well, you learn something new every day. I still say Cocoon is mature. Look at how mature they all were in the movie! smile.gif
    </font>
    Which oddly enough is how it got it's name. When the original author was tring to think of a name, it was on the telly... and the rest is history...

"Just because I'm evil doesn't mean I'm not nice." - Charlie Fulton

• Advertisement
Advertisement