Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

20gb CreativeZen Question

• 22-03-2005 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭

Got my Zen this morning and while she charges up I figure I may as well ask if anyone knows of a way you can use it as a plug 'n' play hardrive (like the way you can just plug in the MuVo and it appears in "My Computer" as a drive)

According to the booklet you need to use special software which would be a pain in the unmentionables considering the computers i'd be using in college (and subsequently dowlnoading the most of my stuff) either dont let you install stuff, or insist you install it every time you boot up, which'd mean i'd need to bring the cd with me everyday.

Does anyone have one of these and/or know if it's possible to use it as a plug n' play HD and what OSs it's possible to do so on?

Danke.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Yeh thats the problem with creative products. They all use proprietary software so there is no actual "plug n play" option available with creative products

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

If its winds xp it should automatically detect it and just show it as another drive in my computer. Then thats it , just drag and drop.

With oolder windows you may just have to download the plug and play driver...
    Or manually detect it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

If its winds xp it should automatically detect it and just show it as another drive in my computer. Then thats it , just drag and drop.

With oolder windows you may just have to download the plug and play driver...
    Or manually detect it...
    thats on all creative products except the touch afaik.

since the op has asked for help im assuming it doesnt work already so it must be a touch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Oh no I havn't tried it yet. I was just reading the booklet while it's charging up there and I came across that clause. While it does seem to be a bit of a kick in the teeth I appreciate your help, lads, thanks.

I'll give it a whirl in a bit once it's got enough juice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement