Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy X: The Face of Sin

Options
  • 22-03-2005 5:56pm

Can someone please help me beat him before he unleashes his giga whatsit on me? It's so tough!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Had trouble on this guy as well since I didn't spend anytime levelling up. Check www.gamefaqs.com. There probably isn't much help there but the only way to beat this guy is to batter him with your most powerful attacks. You might want to fill up all the limit gauges before entering the battle or looking for better limit breakers before coming back to fight him with full limit gauges. You are going to have trouble with the last boss as well if you have trouble with this boss. Don't give up. The ending is amazing :)

And if all else fails use the Yojimbo summon until you get lucky and he uses his one hit kill move :) It's cheating but nobody needs to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Yeah, there isn't a huge amount of strategy for this guy, it's basically throw everything you've got at him.
    As mentioned above limit breaks, and Aeon's limit breaks, are probably your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Having a few ultimate weapons helps too, especially Aurons, ya can do mental damage with his.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

If you have Wakka with attack reels, the ability 'entrust' and good strength with Wakka, then this isnt terribly hard, just let go with a well timed Attack Reels... and then 'entrust' other peoples overdrive to him. Other than that just go hell for leather with everything you have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

best way is to level up loads at the monster arena. just get the damage>ap thing, on some ultimate weapons i think, then keep fighting the master toneberry. he does an attack for 100,000 damage, which gets converted to ap. easy. characters can gain up to 99 levels per fight, really easy.

ps. as stated above, check gamefaqs for the proper way. im probably a bit wrong, as its been ages since i cleared it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The only boss that needs levelling up is the last boss which does the usual FF thing and is exponentially more difficult than everything before him. Thtas not to say the other bosses weren't hard without levelling up. I went through the game with really low levels and found the bosses really difficult but enjoyed the challenge of beating them. I can see how face of sin can get people stuck though. I think I killed him on my last attack before his big attack after numerous tries.

Thanks for the levelling up tip Kiith. I'll have to remember it for when I play the game again. Found levelling up painfully slow in FFX.

The last boss (or is that 2 forms) is pretty tough with those Yu Pagoda's on either side and the general 'hit everbody' moves... but
    The final thing 'Yu Yevon' is a joke, casting reflect on the blighter makes his curing useless and the fact that you can zombify him speaks for itself

Well if you had levels as bad as I did you would find out that you couldn't even die on that boss. You have auto-life constantly on all your characters

yeh
    the little halo's over the characters head said to me 'auto-life' but i disbelieved it as that would make him a bit too easy... how wrong i was, i guess that made up for how hard the Seymours were during the game (the mountain one pissed me off the most)

That one pissed me off as well. Was stuck on it for ages.

• Advertisement

ya seymour was bloody hard, usually, especially the mountain one. and the fight at the end was pointless, with the autolife. but if you thought any of those bosses were hard, you should try fighting penance. hardest boss in the game, with 8 million (ya thats right, million) hp. i never tried it, but i did manage to beat two of the dark aeons. which were tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I agree the mountain one was a bitch, but the last time you give him a go he was easy enough. As for the last hurrah
    someone told me he had three forms, so I spend all my time belting away at him, saving my limit breaks and aeons for his final form. I was fairly disapointed when he died and I was left going "Ok, here comes the final form. Ok, now. No wait, now" etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

If your talking about the same Seymour I am (Seymour Flux?) he was a right bastard. That feckin Total Annihilation and that zombieing move he did followed with a full life, nearly had my playstation out the window. Took me around 4 tries to finally beat him (it?). Was worth all the effort though it was a great game to complete, and tbh this was the only game ive been emotionally affect by :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

what about final fantasy VII??? No, Aries.....it cant be....NOOOOOOOOO...sorry, emotional flashback there.

BURN IN HELL SEPHERIOTH.....but hopefully come back somehow...

Advertisement