Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headphones

Options
  • 22-03-2005 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a decent pair of in-ear phones. Must be comfortable.
    Either the ones that attach to your ear via a hook on your ear, or
    direct in-ear ones would be fine. Willing to spend up to 60 euro, can
    buy online or instore.
    Any ideas? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Sony EX71-SL for around €50 or Shure E2c for around €100.

I have the EX71 and are the best sounding earphones I've heard. Recommended thumbs_up.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Ciaran500 wrote:

I have the EX71 and are the best sounding earphones I've heard. Recommended thumbs_up.gif

Yep both excellent headphones. The bass is a little better on the Sony's. However the noise canceling and all round sound is better from the Shure E2's.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/detail/offer-listing/-/B0000C8CG6/all/202-6814013-8131039

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Actually ive a set of the Sony E-71's that i dont use anymore if you're interested......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Ciaran500 wrote:

where can these be bought in dublin? i need to buy them tomorrow.
    Thanks

Axel wrote:
    Actually ive a set of the Sony E-71's that i dont use anymore if you're interested......

thanks for the offer, id never buy 2nd hand earphones though...*shudder*
    No offence ;)

• Advertisement

The sony shop should have them for €50.

I hate that sony shop, they seem to charge well over the odds on things. I remember looking for a minidisc i went to them and asked "how much does model number xxx cost?" 429 they told me. So i bought from amazon.co.uk for 320 :rolleyes:

Thats the price you pay if you need them tomorrow.

I only bought them from there because I got a special price ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Sorry to rob the thread but could you clarify something about the Sony's for me please?

Strange question: I think this is the pair I own already (now broken) from a few years ago. Are these the fontopias that have that annoying cable-material that never forgets a crease, if you follow me? The divisible cord for remotes is all good but the material pissed the hell outa me.

Like if you have the earbuds in and the chord is a bit too long for the length to your shoulders, suddenly you've got this crazy loop shape made from the excess of the stubborn cord. :eek:

That's probably not clear at all, but judging by Amazon that's the one I'm talking about. I am about to replace them and would probably end up buying them again cos there doesn't seem to be much more out there without doubling in price. I'm also scared the Shure E2c's won't fit me and I'll have burned cash I don't have :D

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Bri wrote:
    Sorry to rob the thread but could you clarify something about the Sony's for me please?

Strange question: I think this is the pair I own already (now broken) from a few years ago. Are these the fontopias that have that annoying cable-material that never forgets a crease, if you follow me? The divisible cord for remotes is all good but the material pissed the hell outa me.

Like if you have the earbuds in and the chord is a bit too long for the length to your shoulders, suddenly you've got this crazy loop shape made from the excess of the stubborn cord. :eek:

That's probably not clear at all, but judging by Amazon that's the one I'm talking about. I am about to replace them and would probably end up buying them again cos there doesn't seem to be much more out there without doubling in price. I'm also scared the Shure E2c's won't fit me and I'll have burned cash I don't have :D

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

yes they are one and the same, the excess is VERY LONG if u use the extension and without it its too short. no good for everyday use, very good for planes, trains etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Exactly. Wonder if I might just get the E2c's...they'd better not break on me!

Is eBay the best option? Any seller recommended?

Advertisement