Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.info suffix

Options
  • 11-08-2001 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

hehe, he said suffix.

As for the question well that depends on how badly you want it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

I doubt very much that the price will be higher than .com or any other common TLD.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

Well, would it drive any more hits my way over a .com?

And where can I register one?

www.gamerseurope.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

You won't get any more hits from it, and as for registering one, look around on all the popular registry sites, ahm, register.com and whoever else. *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MarkMI6:
    Well, would it drive any more hits my way over a .com?
    </font>

I'd imagine people would be likely to try ".com" first for some time to come, and most, I'd say, would not even think of trying ".info" for quite a while, unless they're getting it directly from a link or advertisement.

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Unless you have a particular reason to register a .info (or .biz for that matter), forget about it. There's absolutely nothing special about it and it won't have any magical effects on your website. Domain names aren't fairy dust - you want more hits, you keep working on your site.

adam

[This message has been edited by dahamsta (edited 11-08-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

.info names will be more expensive I believe, I dunno who does em but I think you might have to have a registered trademark to get any generic .info domains The suffix of the domain name will have zero effect on traffic to the site unless its a catchy one.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dahamsta:
    Unless you have a particular reason to register a .info (or .biz for that matter), forget about it. There's absolutely nothing special about it and it won't have any magical effects on your website. Domain names aren't fairy dust - you want more hits, you keep working on your site.

adam

[This message has been edited by dahamsta (edited 11-08-2001).]
    </font>

Easier said than done my friend when you're doing a gaming site.

I don't think it's worth getting a .info from your replies, maybe I'll get a .kickass just for the heck of it.

www.gamerseurope.com

Do you think it's worth buying a .info suffix?

I'm not sure, will the price be obscene or about the same as a .com address?

www.gamerseurope.com

Advertisement