Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the original song/artist?

Options
  • 22-03-2005 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

We've all heard the dance tune "Call on Me" by "Eric Prydz". My question is simple. What was the original song from which the chorus was lifted to form the lyrics in this tune (and who was the original artist) ?

[edit]: Something tells me it was by Chicago...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

Prydz has used a vocal-sample from a 1980-hit called "Valerie". The original vocalist, Steve Winwood, has re-recorded the vocals for Prydz' track.

first hit on google

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Thanks, Chalk.

Strangely enough I searched findmeatune.com first and didn't think of google.

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Chalk wrote:
    Prydz has used a vocal-sample from a 1980-hit called "Valerie". The original vocalist, Steve Winwood, has re-recorded the vocals for Prydz' track.
    Aye, that's the one. I'm the same boy I used to be* and all that lark. Car-friendly song.

*edit: only heard the thing the whole way through for the second time last night (guess who doesn't necessarily go out all that much) and noticed that line is actually in the Prydz version.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭wilkins

Steve Winwood was also part of the Spencer Davis Group and Traffic. Spencer Davis had some 60's hits including 'Keep on running' & 'Gimme some loving'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

You've missed out his finest incarnation as part of 'Blind Faith' with Eric Clapton and Ginger Baker. Only released one album, but its a cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭wilkins

Just testing you Magpie and your evil eye did indeed see the little gem that was Blind Faith. Horrah. :p

Advertisement