Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Oral

Options
  • 22-03-2005 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭

i was wonderin if anybody could help me with this

are there any standard questions for german oral pic sequences that are def gonna be asked?
    what kind of future projection questions are asked on pic seqs?
    are there any future projection/opinion questions on roleplay?
    and this is probably a very stupid question but how do they/we choose which ones are goin to be asked?

i'm sorry bout how silly these q's are but i've got no german teacher to answer em for me!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

they're quite obvious if you look at the stories, eg for the christmas one "do the family go to mass often?" answer no cos they all wear hats in the church and comment on how its strange that they go to church to worship and yet turn the woman away. the hotel one would be what do you think happened to the guys upstairs or will the family ever come back to the hotel, zusammen sind wir stark would be why do you think the girls are dressed differently, which is fairly obvious, handys in der schule would be what did the teacher do next, or the homework one what did the mother say to him when she came home, either this will make sense or not, if not try something like skoool.ie they have all the roleplay stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

The role plays you simple follow the points as you move down the sheets, although if the examiner feels your capable, he/she will skip points and not do them always in the order that they appear in the sheet. At the end you usually say thanks and bye. But check out www.skool.ie for a more comprehensive guide :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

any standard questions for german oral pic sequences that are def gonna be asked?
    nope..cud ask anything from general stuff thats happening in each picture,eg:in"zusammen sind wir stark"what are the pupils chattn about in first picture...future projection questions,eg,how does story go on....opinion on issue,eg;how do u feel about foreigners coming to ireland.
    how does story go on mainly...other questions askd depends on the story..eg.what does the rest of the message that the boys sends in"handys in die schule verboten"say...
    how do they/we choose which ones are goin to be asked?
    all5role cards and 5pictures are on a table faced down and in no particular oder...you choose..
    nope..rolecard very straight forward

hpe that makes sense/helps..ask if u have nemore questions..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

do you get the english with the role plays?

yup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

that's okay then, i still know i'm gonna fail.

i got 29% in the mocks with no oral mock.

plus we've had 9 (YES 9) substitute teachers for the whole of sixth year, not the best when you're german isn't the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

Erm. I don't know if they changed it, but we definitely didn't get English with our roleplays last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

cremo i really empathise with you!!
    thanks everyone for help very much appreciated!!!!

Lantis wrote:
    Erm. I don't know if they changed it, but we definitely didn't get English with our roleplays last year.
    we were told you do get the whole sheet with the german one on the top of thepage and english version at the bottom
    apparently for the irish sliochts you can bring in your own sheets with the full phonetics above the words if you want to, which is kinda stupid, either that or our teacher lied

Cool cm, your right. i know it sounds weird bout the irish sliochts but its true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

irish sliochts you can bring in your own sheets with the full phonetics above the words
    its strange but true!...(thank god tho!lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Scraggs wrote:
    are there any standard questions for german oral pic sequences that are def gonna be asked?
    Yes, specific questions have been set.
    Scraggs wrote:
    There are different ones. 'Wie geht die Geschichte weiter?' is on most.
    Scraggs wrote:
    No such thing. Role-Plays don't have future projection/opinion questions.
    Scraggs wrote:
    and this is probably a very stupid question but how do they/we choose which ones are goin to be asked?
    They will be placed facedown on the table and you choose one picture story and one role-play card.
    Cool_CM wrote:
    they're quite obvious if you look at the stories, eg for the christmas one "do the family go to mass often?" answer no cos they all wear hats in the church and comment on how its strange that they go to church to worship and yet turn the woman away.
    This is not one of them.
    Cool_CM wrote:
    the hotel one would be what do you think happened to the guys upstairs or will the family ever come back to the hotel
    Neither of these. First one indirectly.
    Cool_CM wrote:
    zusammen sind wir stark would be why do you think the girls are dressed differently, which is fairly obvious
    Not going to be asked.
    Cool_CM wrote:
    handys in der schule would be what did the teacher do next
    No.
    Cool_CM wrote:
    or the homework one what did the mother say to him when she came home
    Yes
    The role plays you simple follow the points as you move down the sheets, although if the examiner feels your capable, he/she will skip points and not do them always in the order that they appear in the sheet.
    Not at all true. Each of the five tasks must be dealt with by the examiner. The sequence of the tasks will be kept to unless you mix them up. This makes the role-play difficult and long though.
    cremo wrote:
    do you get the english with the role plays?
    Yes. The candidates' cards have both languages. This has been the case since the mid-1980's. The examiner cards (yes, there are such things!) only contain German.

I hope this has helped some of you.

That means my pre-oral was a sham...and a fraud....and a sham!

Cool_CM wrote:
    That means my pre-oral was a sham...and a fraud....and a sham!
    The questions were only finalised in late February.

wow Shamrok impressive!!!
    dont suppose ya'd like to give us 'hints' on the q's :D ?
    mayb not tell the exact q's [so ya dont get into trouble or whatever!!] but what would be a 'good idea' to cover ;) lol

Shamrok wrote:
    The sequence of the tasks will be kept to unless you mix them up.

NO sorry your wrong about that. ;)
    The examiner can skip points and come back to them if she/he feels your capable.

NO sorry your wrong about that. ;)
    The examiner can skip points and come back to them if she/he feels your capable.

How do you think an examiner can award you the four marks which are available for each task if you don't attempt one of them? An examiner cannot award marks because he/she assumes you can do something without even asking you it. (Not that it should have but) maybe that happened in your mocks — however it won't in the real thing. Believe me, I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

Shamrok,

Are the set questions for the bildergeschichte widely available or are they *ahem* not?

:)

Shamrok,

Are the set questions for the bildergeschichte widely available or are they *ahem* not?

*ahem* not, I'm afraid.

i think its ahem only ahem fair to make them available to us poor struggling students
    please pretty please with sugar on top *me bats eyelids furiously!!!*

• Advertisement

Guy.Loco wrote:
    Go on help me help myself
    this is what i meant....well said mad props for that! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

And who the hell is Shamrock ?!

- Sully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

Someone in the know methinks......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 **katie**

Shamrok wrote:
    *ahem* not, I'm afraid.

Well Shamrok, you seem to know your stuff! But can someone confirm about getting the role play cards in English too? Cos i was told it's just in German. Also I think the opinion on issue questions will be on a wider related topic that you might have learned for the Allgemeine Fragen anyway, like differences between schools in Germany and Ireland right? Am very worried about my oral, got 68 in the mocks but am afraid the oral will bring me down, not up!Haven't even had a mock oral in school yet.

**katie** wrote:
    can someone confirm about getting the role play cards in English too? Cos i was told it's just in German.
    Yes, the candidates' cards are in both German and English. They are the ones you use in class. The only difference is that the official exam ones are slightly thicker material — so you can't see through them.
    **katie** wrote:
    Also I think the opinion on issue questions will be on a wider related topic that you might have learned for the Allgemeine Fragen anyway, like differences between schools in Germany and Ireland right?
    Exactly. Some opinion on the issue questions are similar to those which could also appear in the allgemeine Fragen (conversation).
    **katie** wrote:
    Am very worried about my oral, got 68 in the mocks but am afraid the oral will bring me down, not up!Haven't even had a mock oral in school yet.
    Most students will do better overall with an oral component than without, so I would think there is every chance you will improve on 68%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 **katie**

OK thanks a million for all your help! :)

Advertisement