Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate your teacher

Options
  • 22-03-2005 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Recently found this site where you can praise or rip the piss outta your teachers. Only problem is I can't navigate my way through it.
    if anyone can find their way through this site ( http://www.rateyourteachers.com/ ) to where the rating actually is please do pass it on.

Merci!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

i think this is the one you heard about -> here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

So much for talented youth. Just search and find the school your looking for.

Edit: Ok I see what you've done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Well firstly http://www.ratemyteachers.ie/ might be what you want

And secondly that's been posted here already, try looking at other threads before you start one. You're not the only one who can use the intternet y'know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭GlitterB

Raphael wrote:
    intternet y'know.
    why do u always ****e on about other peoples spelling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Cuz Raph doesn't make mistakes! Bit like Ronnie O'Sullivan

• Advertisement

Because people who don't take the effort to use proper english make it more difficult to browse the forums, which annoys me. Why do you ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭GlitterB

because your spelling isn't exactly perfect......you spelt internet wrong you know...just doesnt really seem fair of you to give other people a hard time about how they spell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Umm, typos are different to text speak..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

oh My GOD! let it go! stupid petty arguments...

Plunky wrote:
    Umm, typos are different to text speak..?
    Exactly, thank you Eoin. I was typing too fast, and I accidentaly doubled a letter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

i think this is the one you heard about -> here

:D Ooops... *hits head against table*. Cheers anyway! Yes Davey, I am a bit of a plank..

*scrolls down*

Christ Aonghus.... Do forgive me for, in a moment of brash, uncontained madness, daring to start a new thread that's not up to your towering standard. God forbid you be upset.
    Seriously, could you stop yelling at people for (dare I say it?), misspelling something! :eek: I'm sorry I overlooked one thread and sorry I sometimes type too fast...

Cheers Glitter

Christ Aonghus.... Do forgive me for, in a moment of brash, uncontained madness, daring to start a new thread that's not up to your towering standard. God forbid you be upset.

The fact that its a pretty stupid thread is not the point. The fact that its the same stupid thread as the stupid thread already on the first page, even down to the title, is the point
    Seriously, could you stop yelling at people for (dare I say it?), misspelling something!

Hang on, what? GlitterB decided to get on at me for misspelling something.
    I'm sorry I overlooked one thread and sorry I sometimes type too fast...

Overlooking the thread was mistake, typing too fast isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

<quietly notes the banning announcement thread.... >

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

On behalf of the absent management...
    STFU. just STFU

as for ratemyteachers, my school has banned it after a large number of people discovered it and a comment was made about a teacher saying "You're in a school, not a brothel". Someone kindly referred her to the post when she was in class.
    The site's pretty cool in general, even if it is a giant sign saying "LIBEL GOES HERE!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Our English teacher wanted to get it banned, purely, so our school could be first on the wall of shame. We got in the top two wasn't sure if we were first or second.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Either my two old schools have really gotten better, or students are idiots these days.

I mean, the ratings for Rockbrook are actually nice! W T F like. its just...worrying.

whats wrong with all you people??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

well they have moderators and they delete the really nasty ones... i'm a mod for my old school

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

yeah but there arent even any nasty ones - then again, I wouldnt put it past a few of the teachers to be the moderators.

Also, on that note, Raphael banned for consistent arguing. three days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

well you dont get to see the comments until the moderator has checked them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

:p

someone just told me dat im now apparently teacher for critical thinking in my school. i pity the students!!!!

the ratings arent terrible either, but i wish i knew who posted half the comments!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

My school got 124 ratings yesterday!!! I'm completely suprised. I only heard people talking about the website for the first time today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

go into "FIND YOUR SCHOOL" type in the name of your school and off you go!!

Le Rack wrote:
    go into "FIND YOUR SCHOOL" type in the name of your school and off you go!!
    ...very random, but thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

Anyone hear if theres gonna be trouble about the site? there's a guy in my year getting suspended/expelled over his posts......

In that case it's his own fault. Ratemyteachers is anonymous. Did he sign a rating, or brag about it.

as entertaining as the site is, was it ever a good idea? ever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Yup definitely loadsa our teachers seem to have been working extra-hard since they've been back after Easter, I can only assume they've either got scared or been kicked into touch.

no way! thats a pretty positive effect right there...
    might show this site to the teachers in my school, if thay havent seen it...

jono087 wrote:
    Anyone hear if theres gonna be trouble about the site? there's a guy in my year getting suspended/expelled over his posts......
    Can they do that? It just seem expelling or suspending a student over slander is a bit much. After all teachers work in a *school*. No matter how good they are they're still gonna be slagged...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭joe the coat

i think its fantastic. Really. Some teachers just get away with such crap. We need a truly public forum.

Advertisement