Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place for beginners to play

Options
  • 22-03-2005 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Ive been playin holdem every week know for the last few months with friends but now i wanna go to the next level, ive played online a bit but im not a huge fan. Ive seen a few mention the Fitzwilliam on a thursday?? Would this be ideal as im not the greatest but then again not the worst :D Playin with friends is grand and all but theres a lot of bluffin and so on not exactly a serious game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

The freeroll on a saturday afternoon/evening or the freeroll on a sunday evening has less people and is a bit less frenetic. Might be a smaller and easier way to try out the fitz.
    Saturday at 5pm, Sunday evening at 6-6.30 pm as far as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

It's not free but there is a guy who is setting up a beginners gathering, to start with there are lessons and general discussions of tips and strategies followed by a €15+€3 rebuy tournament. Details here.
    Hi guys,

I'm in the midst of setting up a poker club, where people can meet up to discuss poker, play poker and learn how to play poker.

Main focus will be on texas hold'em and each meeting will consist of a cheap rebuy tournament - €15+€3.

If this seem like something you would be interested in, I'd appreciate any feedback posted here or you can mail me @
    Our first meeting will be on Sunday April 3rd, in Bayside community centre. (North Dublin) Registration will begin at 4.00pm. Many people don't know where this is so if you need directions drop me a mail.

I will post info again closer to date.
    Cheers, Dara.

As Lafortezza said, try the weekend freerolls over the Thursday night one. The Thursday night is just hectic and you could end up spending allot of money (loads of players, loads of re-buys = less chance for you). Don't expect a great game either :rolleyes:

Advertisement